Should I Buy a Real Truggy or Should I Continue This Project? Please Help!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.MadfireMoe

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Alright so this 1/8th scale truck you see here is a SportsWerks Mayhem St. It's a 1/8th scale stadium truck basically with a .26 Mach 1 engine. As you can see I already started working on this project to make it into a racing truggy but I don't see it happening completely. The reason I posted this is to see if I should continue making it into a truggy or just start fresh... Let's get down to what I would do if I continued... 17 mm hex hubs, a hot bodies d8t racing body (Would have to be trimmed because the wheel base is short compared to a real truggy, maybe a little more then a 1/8 buggy), Truggy tires off a Basher Sabertooth, probably a .21 Picco engine, truggy shocks, and some brakes of course... As you can see with the proline enforcer body, even that is too long for this rig..... If I should start fresh then I'm thinking of a rtr. Nothing special because I will be upgrading and replacing as much as I need to to be racing for real. Losi 8ight t rtr would probably be my choice unless you have something in that price range to suggest. Ill even buy a used high end truggy and just build that! So what should I do?? Start fresh or fix the one I got?
here's some pics...

Attachments

• 20190426_172707.jpg
    20190426_172707.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 81
  • 20190426_173035.jpg
    20190426_173035.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 20190426_172737.jpg
    20190426_172737.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 87
If your going to actually race... probably best to get something current so you have parts support. Spending all that time/money/effort on something that is currently obsolete will just prolong the agony.

Keep it as is for a basher and get something that still exists.

Tekno makes nice stuff... pay out the eye for it though. Unless you can find a decent used one. Losi used to be great, not so sure these days. The last "st" I saw in person from them was a muggy... it was not great.

If your going to actually race... probably best to get something current so you have parts support. Spending all that time/money/effort on something that is currently obsolete will just prolong the agony.

Keep it as is for a basher and get something that still exists.

Tekno makes nice stuff... pay out the eye for it though. Unless you can find a decent used one. Losi used to be great, not so sure these days. The last "st" I saw in person from them was a muggy... it was not great.
alright thanks. So your saying that if it wasn't obsolete and had part support, I still turn this into a truggy to race? cause I can cover having spare parts with me but would the overall chassis being too short throw off everything??

It does seem pretty short compared to what's offered these days. Kind of looks like "buggy" length like the arrma outcast. After seeing the outcast and talion run side by side, I would have to imagine, the longer chassis is what you want for racing. It's far more planted and way less twitchy in general.

I know your talking nitro, so not a 100% direct comparison to what I mentioned, but the handling should be similar, albeit more subdued due to nitro having less torque.