shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrodrob

not hotdogbob
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
is anyone currently running the big bore hot racing shocks,ihave an oppurtunity to get a whole set for a good price and was wandering if anyone has any input on these,i searched the forums but didnt come up with anything solid on these shocks,or if anyone would care to share any input on some inexpensive ones they may be using i have a budget of about 50 greenbacks, any info on this subject would be appreciated,my ultimate goal is to run the losi 8ight with flm towers but its gunna be a while for that,lol,just lookin for somethin decent untill funds grow.

Last edited:
got the shocks mentioned above in trade,should be in the mail box soon i will let everyone know how they perform,

BEWARE of PRODUCT!!!!

:\:angry:dont waste ur hard earned on these shocks,traxxas plastic bodied are smoother than these,..totaly inconsistent,i filled them with 20 wt,worked the air bubbles ,tested for fullness of oil and filled as necisary,if u dnt get the level perfect "and i mean to the drop"they will be squishy,,after i got one just right i checked for leaks at the lower seal and wouldnt ya know my brand new oil is leaking from the lower seal,so i repeated this process on 5 more shocks with the same results and noting the inconsistencies,......one shock feels like it has 50wt....another feels like 20wt and so on,also the pistons dont rise to the top like most other shocks do,they stop a good 1/4" from below the top and are secured with a nylon lock nut insted of a C clip which i assume was the reason for use of a shorter shaft so the nut wouldnt contact the diaphram,so in turn i lost out on a trade but gained some knowledge for all of u and myself,........just in case u forgot these are the hot integy,oops i mean hot racing 100mm big bore shocks,i also got a 3shoe clutch from them that crapped out within 8 tanks but i also have a steering bellcrank that works great so ya know it is what it is.