Shock Oil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liftedcj7on44s

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I bought some 55wt shock oil tonight. I changed the oil in the front shocks tonight. I got it all back together and when pushing the front of the truck down it feels pretty much the same as it did before with the stock oil in there. Is this right?

yeah it may feel the same. but on rapid compressions it's stiffer than lower wt oils

i did notice with the shock off after i had the oil in before i put the spring back on that when i compressed the shock the more i did it the stiffer it got and then if i waited a few minutes it went soft again and then as i compressed it more and more it got stiffer again. Now there is absolutely no air in it either.

yeah the shocks are for sudden shock absorbtion. so you can compress it slowly without too much change but rapid compression is extremely different

Ok i have another question. I have added the Traxxas swaybar kit to my truck and there awesome. But i have one problem. And it also did this before the say bar kit. When i am on the power even a little bit the truck does not turn very well. Now if i am off the power the truck turns great. This is all in the grass and dirt BTW. So on power doesn't turn and off the power it turns great. I was thinking this is caused by the soft rear suspension and when i am giving it gas(does not have to be alot either) It is basically unloading the front tires and since all the weight is at the rear now this causes it to not turn as well(less responsive). Anybody know and way to help this issue?? Should i install the heavier duty swaybar in the rear?

no stiffer springs. your picking up the front end and with no tires touching the ground (basically a small wheelie) you can't steer worth crap. my dads tmaxx does this a lot on acceleration

well it doesn't have to be going that fast. The tires dont have to be raising up for it to do this. I can be basically crusing at 1/4 throttle and turn the truck and it turns. Now if i do the same thing but let off the throttle and turn then the truck responds better. This is due to when letting off the throttle the weight transfers to the front tires and it responds faster to turning. I need to know how to help that.

stiffer springs in the rear.

so should i put the stock 30wt in the front shocks and use the 55 wt in the rear shocks with stiffer springs? Also i am using the outer ride height holes to get the truck lower.

I am pretty certain that whatever you do you will never get the car to turn the same at high speed that it does at low speed its the law of physics. But you can also check your front toe, a little toe out up front gives a better steering response. Toe-in on the rear helps when coming out of a turn.

is there any way to adjust ur toe without having the special stand??

i dont want to do it and have them uneven but want to do it to increase my steering

Back