1/10 summit progressive rockers vs thicker shock oil?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trevinator

RC Newbie
Reaction score
anyone played around with a summit and progressive rockers for it? I'm thinking i could probably get it to handle a bit better with some thicker shock oil as the rear likes to just constantly bottom out on the ground. it has the stock springs in it with just a bit of preload on them. I'm thinking of getting some stronger springs so i can have less preload and get the gc lowered a bit and the thicker shock oil to help it from bottoming. was also considering using progressive rockers as an alternative.

just finished swapping out the stock shock oil for some 50wt. also ordered a set of purple and a set of blue springs for the summit. should have plenty of tuning options now.

added the progressive 2 rockers to the summit. i did not add the spacers to the stock link arms, and simply mover the links on the lower a-arms to the inner most position. i had them on the outer most position with the stock setup, but like this, it feels a lot stiffer and i think it should handle better as its around the same GC as it was before. i also have a set of duratrax sixpack mt tires on the way for it, so that should help the handling as well, not having the super thin and squishy stock tires on there.

Back