Sharing the Hobby

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdecesari

RCTalk Racer
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
We have a few homes with young kids on our street and when the families are our I am happy to let any of the kids play with a few of the rigs. It's great for engaging other parents and again with their kids wanting to interact with my kids who are just a bit younger than theirs.
One of the neighbor dads has asked about a Losi 1/10 22s 2wd SCT Brushed I picked up this spring. He wants to get one for his son. Awesome, right? Well, they sold out before his son's birthday recently. Bummer. It looks like other options are a bit more expensive at the moment.
I let he and his kid use mine while I was out of town last week. They had a blast with it & I want to help them get into the game.
There is a second of the exact same car in my garage that I haven't even used. I planned for my kids to use one or the other to avoid infighting, because if you have kids you know the way that goes! Right? The thing is, my kids (5 & 2) are only kind of into it.
Onto my question.
Should I offer up one of them to my neighbor? Possibly on the cheap?
And then, should I offer the one that hasn't been thrashed or the shiny new one?
I'll figure out a price that works either way.
Has anyone been down this path?

Thanks for your feedback!

We have a few homes with young kids on our street and when the families are our I am happy to let any of the kids play with a few of the rigs. It's great for engaging other parents and again with their kids wanting to interact with my kids who are just a bit younger than theirs.
One of the neighbor dads has asked about a Losi 1/10 22s 2wd SCT Brushed I picked up this spring. He wants to get one for his son. Awesome, right? Well, they sold out before his son's birthday recently. Bummer. It looks like other options are a bit more expensive at the moment.
I let he and his kid use mine while I was out of town last week. They had a blast with it & I want to help them get into the game.
There is a second of the exact same car in my garage that I haven't even used. I planned for my kids to use one or the other to avoid infighting, because if you have kids you know the way that goes! Right? The thing is, my kids (5 & 2) are only kind of into it.
Onto my question.
Should I offer up one of them to my neighbor? Possibly on the cheap?
And then, should I offer the one that hasn't been thrashed or the shiny new one?
I'll figure out a price that works either way.
Has anyone been down this path?

Thanks for your feedback!
Whats up bud. That's awesome that you have neighbors like that. Mine all just stare and watch. And say wow and holy crap that fast or dam That's a BIG RC truck. Hahaha

To your question on the table. It kinda seems like you have made up your mind already. I'm sure it would put a huge smile on the kids face. And it would probably make you feel better then the kid getting the RC. To see how happy he is when you give/sell it to him.It's up to you about witch one to part with. Are both trucks stock. Any upgrades on either or aftermarket parts?

It's very satisfying and a good feeling when able to help someone out.. Do they have anything for the truck like the batteries/ charger. Either way that less expensive. Then haven to buy it all at the same time. And it's awesome and very cool your thinking and willing to help them out man well done sir

Thanks for the quick reply @STONER RC.

Both trucks are stock. I think I bought them in April/May when I first noticed them for sale.
Good question about the batteries/chargers.
Some will disagree, but I have opted into the Spektrum brand for convenience. I like the fact that they will discharge to storage level if I don't do it on my own. I have an extra 2s + S150 charger they have been using, but am not convinced I should put that in the deal. My neighbor isn't well versed (yet) on the Lipo battery maintenance detail. My initial thought is he should start off fresh. I don't want to feel responsible for burning his house down!

Yeah. I have probably made up my mind. You're right. Thanks again for the feedback. I am looking forward to a small amount of reassurance in my decision. I think I'll offer up the new one! F*ck it. It'll bring the neighborhood closer together. That's worth it.

Thanks for the quick reply @STONER RC.

Both trucks are stock. I think I bought them in April/May when I first noticed them for sale.
Good question about the batteries/chargers.
Some will disagree, but I have opted into the Spektrum brand for convenience. I like the fact that they will discharge to storage level if I don't do it on my own. I have an extra 2s + S150 charger they have been using, but am not convinced I should put that in the deal. My neighbor isn't well versed (yet) on the Lipo battery maintenance detail. My initial thought is he should start off fresh. I don't want to feel responsible for burning his house down!

Yeah. I have probably made up my mind. You're right. Thanks again for the feedback. I am looking forward to a small amount of reassurance in my decision. I think I'll offer up the new one! F*ck it. It'll bring the neighborhood closer together. That's worth it.
Hell yeah!! that's awesome man. 👍👍
Good call on the battery situation.

Definitely let your neighbor know the importance of lipo safety. These batteries are no joke if improperly used and stored. If they are taken care of they will give you tons of play time... your a good neighbor bud..

Totally agree! Hook the neighbor up. Too much BS and hatred in this world, so every little nice gesture helps. Plus with your kids being so young, it's not like you are really "taking it away" from them. There's time for them to get their own as they grow.

I'm not a fan of the Spektrum battery, however do agree that with the self discharging it's perfect for the novice/newbies to the hobby. I also agree with you on the Lipo issue. Point him in the right direction, get him some links to Lipo safety, and let him get his own.

Good stuff. You're a great neighbor and having friendly neighbors is always a plus. I grew up in neighborhood/subdivision and had a freakin' blast, but have lived in the country the past 20+ years. Love the quiet and privacy, but do feel bad for my kids as they never got to experience runnin' around a neighborhood with friends.
:thumbs-up: 😁 ✌️

I've only been in this hobby for a couple of years now and I am still amazed at the kind of people I've met. It seems we all want more people to join in the fun. Good on you for taking the time to bring your neighbors into this world. That is a great call on the batteries. 👍 good on you man.

Back