SH 18 glow hole stripped.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

Banshee123

RC Newbie
I just stripped out my glow plug hole on an SH18 engine. :cry:
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any places I could buy a new button in Australia.
Thanks in advance.

Heisenburg

RCNT Talkaholic
RC Driving Style
Racing
Do they make over sized glow plugs to fit a re-tapped hole? Can you get a heli-coil that size? There is another user here having problems keeping the plug tight.

CrucialRC

RCNT Rookie
Do they make over sized glow plugs to fit a re-tapped hole? Can you get a heli-coil that size? There is another user here having problems keeping the plug tight.
I've never heard of an oversized plug. I run Novarossi engines and crank down on my plugs and never had a problem. Maybe the engines in question use cheap metal. I would take the button out and simply re-tap it and see if it solves your problems. If not then the only next step I can see doing is trying to find a new button or new engine.

machinehed

RCNT Basher
RC Driving Style
Bashing, Racing
You can get jb weld ,fill the hole , drill and tap,work for a while,or fill with two part epoxy that withstands temps to 500 degrees F