Servo question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel C

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I am planning to upgrade from a 2s to a 3s lipo battery but was wondering if I need a special servo to do so? My ESC is rated for the extra power but I don't know if it regulates the power for the servo or not

The servo power is supplied by the BEC (battery eliminator circuit) built into your ESC. No worries. Your servo will get the same power as before.

I am planning to upgrade from a 2s to a 3s lipo battery but was wondering if I need a special servo to do so? My ESC is rated for the extra power but I don't know if it regulates the power for the servo or not
I have done many dumb but fun mistakes. You will brake poop and ur servo will be just fine I can say this from experience. When you jump up to a 6s let’s talk that’s a different level. 2 people you need to talk to that I know this for fact is DOOM or WICKEDFROG

I have done many dumb but fun mistakes. You will brake poop and ur servo will be just fine I can say this from experience. When you jump up to a 6s let’s talk that’s a different level. 2 people you need to talk to that I know this for fact is DOOM or WICKEDFROG
Thanks and wow! I didn't even know it was such a thing. 6s what that run in price for around 500mAh? Now you have me thinking. I won't one.

Stop thinking 6s. If your rig is a 2s, it ain't running on 6s. And 500mAh? That is a tiny battery. What RC are you talking about here?

Last edited:
What rig do you want me to talk about that’s the funny thing and you saying you can’t run a 6s because ur poop not set up for it it’s been done. Guess my failure to show what’s possible is not. Don’t come at me like that!! And yes to you I’ll will tell you that you can run a 6s on poop that probably can’t handle it. I can prove you wrong. Don’t doubt me as I can show ur numbers don’t mean poop to me it called Physics and mindset will show you different.

What rig do you want me to talk about that’s the funny thing and you saying you can’t run a 6s because ur poop not set up for it it’s been done. Guess my failure to show what’s possible is not. Don’t come at me like that!! And yes to you I’ll will tell you that you can run a 6s on poop that probably can’t handle it. I can prove you wrong. Don’t doubt me as I can show ur numbers don’t mean poop to me it called Physics and mindset will show you different.
I wasn't asking "you" what rig. I was asking the OP what rig he is talking about. If it indeed has a 500mAh battery, it is likely a 1/18 scale or something smaller even. That is why I told him to stop thinking 6s.

I wasn't asking "you" what rig. I was asking the OP what rig he is talking about. If it indeed has a 500mAh battery, it is likely a 1/18 scale or something smaller even. That is why I told him to stop thinking 6s.
I get what your saying my bad 😞 I apologize

Stop thinking 6s. If your rig is a 2s, it ain't running on 6s. And 500mAh? That is a tiny battery. What RC are you talking about here?
I ment 5000mAh sorry. The battery won't be for anything I am driving now. I would build a new rig. I'll have to do alit of research to find out what I will have to have in order to run such a high voltage battery but now I won't one.

When your initial post said you were planning an upgrade from 2s to 3s, that implies you are upgrading a current RC. So I am confused. If you are building an RC then go with whatever works.

I ment 5000mAh sorry. The battery won't be for anything I am driving now. I would build a new rig. I'll have to do alit of research to find out what I will have to have in order to run such a high voltage battery but now I won't one.
Depending on what esc and motor you have it will be a different lipo rating like some ESCs can run 12s but the motor can only run 8s so you would only be able to use 8s

Depending on what esc and motor you have it will be a different lipo rating like some ESCs can run 12s but the motor can only run 8s so you would only be able to use 8s
Ok thank you.
When your initial post said you were planning an upgrade from 2s to 3s, that implies you are upgrading a current RC. So I am confused. If you are building an RC then go with whatever works.
I have 3 rc builds going on and 1 boat. I have several motors from various things salvaged like cordless drills,weed eaters,chain saws even ice cream churners. I build a chassis up with motor,servo and bumper mounts then figure out what kind of space I have to work with depending on what gear box I plan to use so that the driveshafts a bitre not at a bad angle then I mount the motor that fits. Right now I have just installed a 570 into a rig. I went with that one because I haven't seen many rigs with that size motor and I wonted a unique rig. It has been tested in hill climbs towing and deep water.so far it has impressed me in every kind of way. I have only been able to use used plastic driveshafts from old rc's untill I get a heavy duty set but I has really done well. I do have a slipper clutch now since the soft rubber tires,positive traction and the torque has been hell on the plastic ones. Luckily I had a box full to keep it running. Next I would love to try out that 6s but realistically I'll probably only start off with the 4S next and work my way up. Sounds like a good time so I can't wait.
The servo power is supplied by the BEC (battery eliminator circuit) built into your ESC. No worries. Your servo will get the same power as before.
Awesome I was hoping so thanks.I'm still learning all the details of rc building but thanks to all of you it has made it alot easier.

Last edited: