Servo question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel C

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Hey everyone. So I have a wl toys receiver/ESC combo that has a 5 wire servo and I was wondering if I somehow can convert it over to use a 3 wire servo and if so how?

Servos with 5 wires instead of 3 are basically 'circuit-less' servos. They don't have any of the circuitry inside of them. Instead, the 2 extra wires connect to (presumably) a receiver which has the servo's electronics on it. So in short I dont know of anyway to make that work short of replacing the all in one receiver/ESC with separate components. and a new 3 wire servo. Maybe someone else will know a way but I'm pretty sure it isnt possible.

Servos with 5 wires instead of 3 are basically 'circuit-less' servos. They don't have any of the circuitry inside of them. Instead, the 2 extra wires connect to (presumably) a receiver which has the servo's electronics on it. So in short I dont know of anyway to make that work short of replacing the all in one receiver/ESC with separate components. and a new 3 wire servo. Maybe someone else will know a way but I'm pretty sure it isnt possible.
Dang thats not what I wonted to hear but oh well. I think amazon owes me so I will get to shopping. Thanks for the answer. Your always helping out. This site should do something to reward you for all you do. I would pitch in. Thanks again and have a good day.

Hey thats cool. I guess you can make that work. I wouldnt have thought it possible. Good stuff!

I couldn't. Tryed hoped it would. It is a wl toys trophy trucks controller that I was hopeing to reuse but the servo was junk. Oh well thanks everybody I was not shure I know there was a way to convert a servo from a 5 to a 3 wire I dident know if this was possible or not.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210627-234022.png
    Screenshot_20210627-234022.png
    497.3 KB · Views: 38
Back