Servo Not Working

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxtrot1972

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello - I am in the process of building a Kyosho Javelin electric car. I am part way through and have just connected up the ESC / motor etc. to test everything is working as it should. The binding process worked fine with the receiver etc. & the motor is turning as expected, in the right direction when the throttle is pulled. There is no response whatsoever from the servo, steering isn't working and the connection is plugged into the correct channel according to the instructions. This is the first car I have built so I am wondering if I have missed something obvious as a newbie or if there is some other guidance people can offer? Seems weird that the motor is working fine and the servo is not - which makes me wonder if the latter is faulty?

Do you have the servo plugged in the right way? Typically, the brown/black wire on the servo plug goes towards the outside edge of the receiver.

You can also try and plug the servo into the esc spot, plug the esc in one of the open slots. Then use the trigger to just test to see if the servo is good to rule out the receiver port for steering being bad.

Thank you - I thought I had tried that but it's working now so it's all good - onwards and upwards !