Servo Arm off centre is this correct Yokomo YZ-2 ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennettironman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hi

Picked up a 2nd hand Yokomo 1/10th YZ-2 indoor buggy haaving a look over it and thought i would just reset all turn buckles and steering arms.

noticed at rest the servo horn doesn't rest at 90 deg ?

it rests over towards the centre of the car ?

is this correct ?

hoping you racers can help

yes. as long as eah way it has same movement. I used to put my rc at a stop tun steering all the way to right see what turn ark it did then do same to left and match both ways and adjusting endpoints on radio.

The manual doesn't state any degrees of orientation for the servo horn, but it sure does look one tooth to the left (looking from behind). This is where the radio's subtrim comes into play for setting up the steering center point and being able to get the same amount of throw in both directions.
1690169489104.png

1690169557707.png

I know some similar buggies/platforms have servo horns one notch off center for best alignment. It'll all depend on drag link, servo horn used, and bell crank geometry of the platform.
1690370685884.png

Last edited:
noticed at rest the servo horn doesn't rest at 90 deg ?

it rests over towards the centre of the car ?

is this correct ?

The servo horn should be square (90 deg) to the servo link when the steering is centered.

It does not necessarily align with the servo itself or the car chassis. Only the servo link angle matters.

There might be exceptions but this is the most common way to make a basic setup.

Back