Bountiful Buggies - Project List

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyx_

RC Newbie
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Howdy howdy, first time putting a list of my rigs together so please forgive me for any weird tidbits that may poke out of the woodwork.

I mostly dabble in Buggy racing but I have a few bashers to tinker with here and there along with my crawler rig. Apologies for the text dump in advance, I just really like details.

Project "Nyx" | TLR 22 5.0 DC

Nyx is a 22 5.0 DC that I take to my local 1/10-1/8 dirt track nearly every week. Bought brand-new as a roller kit and threw in different bathes of electronics until I found something that fit my driving style. Originally I was running Pro-Line Positrons on both my front and rear tires but quickly switched to JConcepts Sprinters for rear end side-bite that I was lacking on dirt. Still tinkering and tuning.
IMG20220726205841.jpg

Project "Hemera" | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM3 [CAL3 Converted]

Hemera is a YZ-2 DTM3 that I take alongside my Mini-B to my local carpet track when I don't want the hassle of cleaning up after my practice sessions on dirt. Originally sold to my shop and put up on used shelf for roughly a year before I purchased the rolling chassis. Electronics had been parted out and sold quickly. It was originally a DTM3 which was converted to a CAL3 setup. There was no setup sheet detailing spec information when it was sold to us, linked setup sheet is of my own breakdown and will be updated when I get the chance to rebuild.
IMG20220726165403.jpg

Project "Erebus" | TLR 8ight 1.0

Erebus is an 8ight 1.0 that I am still working on getting running again. Originally sold to my shop alongside an 8ight-T 2.0 in exchange for a boat. Gifted to me by my boss as I have hardly any knowledge of how to work on nitro vehicles. Completely stock except for one Savox servo for throttle and brake, most likely going to gut and put internals into X/E 2.0 if I can get my hands on one, otherwise, I will convert into a 4.0. Torn down and deep cleaned, will work on getting a setup sheet posted when I get it running.
IMG20220726195824.jpg

Project "Icelos" | Losi Mini-B

Icelos is a Mini-B which originally kicked off my love for buggy class vehicles. Purchased brand new and subsequently dumped money into the aluminum upgrades, including the MIP Ball Diff, Top Shaft, and Shiny CVDs. Initially used as a basher but I've started to push it at the track with the Hobbywing 18A ESC/5200kv combo. Running a Reefs 99micro for my servo, although I need to change out for a Savox 0257 or EcoPower 825 for ease of horn access. I run on both carpet and dirt with my Mini, using JConcepts Sprinter rears and Ellipse fronts for dirt, JConcepts Twin Pins rears and Swagger fronts for carpet. Will post setup sheet when available.
IMG20220726165628.jpg

Project "Morphius" | Losi Mini JRX-2

Morphius is a Mini JRX2 that I run on my local dirt track and occasionally bash with. Purchased brand new and quickly swapped servos as the SX107 is just god awful. Pulled the Junior's Choice replica motor and ESC setup out and replaced with the Dynamite 2-in-1 for use on my DX5C. As you would expect, I turned the rear-end tires into drag slicks in no time. Was racking my brain on how to put 8mm hex tires onto a pin drive system, ended up ungluing the tires and gluing on Mini-B/T JConcepts sprinters onto the wheels. Tested at my local track, handles like a dream. Will post setup sheet when available.
IMG20220726200544.jpg

Project "Phantasos" | Losi Mini-T 2.0

Phantasos is a Mini-T 2.0 that I had initially purchased to bash with. I wanted to round out my mini collection (still missing a Mini 8ight variant) and still needed the Mini-T. Swapped front and rear tires for JConcepts Sprinter rears and Carver fronts. Pulled old 2-in-1 brushed system and replaced with the Junior's Choice replica system from my JRX2, still waiting for Dynamite 2-in-1 to return to my store to pick up and toss in. Setup sheet is not currently needed, as I don't know of anybody racing the Ts. May post if asked.
IMG20220726200458.jpg

Project "Gaia" | SCX-10.3

Gaia is an SCX-10.3 that I stepped up to from an SCX-24. Complete kit build, wanted to satisfy my itch and quickly did when I took this rig out for crawling at a local spot near the lake. Currently out of commission due to lack of a receiver, needed for Nyx to get laps in. Will order one later, just really friggin' lazy. Currently set up with a cheap brushed system alongside the two-speed transmission. I am wanting to put DIG function in and will do so when I order the receiver.
IMG20220726200154.jpg

Project "Dolos" | Traxxas 1/16 Slash

Dolos is a 1/16 Slash born from our parts bin. My boss is leaving after 12 years of working here and has built 3 "Trash Slashes" as I call them. These machines were built from scrap parts in our parts bin. I noticed we had a bag of Mini Revo parts and thought I should build something of my own from the bin. Dolos is currently still a bench warmer but is mostly complete. I am still missing linkages, tires, and an ESC/Motor setup to get it rolling. I am planning on taking it to my local dirt track alongside my other minis to get some runs in and to see how a mini short course handles big leaps.
IMG20220726210107.jpg

Project "Moros" | Traxxas 2WD Rustler

Moros is a 2WD Rustler I picked up alongside a used B4.1 (which I quickly sold for parts towards Nyx). Currently, Moros is a bench warmer like Dolos. It is missing an ESC but is otherwise complete. The body is a JConcepts Finnisher which has been tossed and kicked around like wild. I have a Reedy 3300kv motor on hand that still needs an ESC to get running, so I will probably order that sometime when I get parts for Gaia. Not as big on bashing as some of the local guys, but I needed something I could just mess around with.
IMG20220726210028.jpg

TLR and Yokomo setup sheets should be attached, hopefully they aren't all mucked up or something :)

Attachments

• 22_5.0_GeneralDirtSetup.pdf
    932.7 KB · Views: 67
  • YZ2_PreownedSetup.pdf
    749.3 KB · Views: 55
Agree with @Doom!
Very organized area and post as well. Nice mixture of Show N' Go. ☺

Lots of cool rigs and fun names too. :thumbs-up:
Very much appreciated! There are tons more photos of the internal setups but the file limit stopped me 😅

Probably a good thing, I tend to really over share lol
Agree with @Doom!
Very organized area and post as well. Nice mixture of Show N' Go. ☺
Thanks! Most of this was all written while I was at work and didn't have much to repair! Honestly glad it turned out as good as it did!

Update on Icelos

Did some trimming on the body siderails. Cut the antenna mounting holes free to add just a hair more space inside the chassis. This actually allowed me to cram the 18A ESC and SR215 side-by-side. Honestly love the layout more! Also decided to replace my 99micro with an ECP-827 (with a case that's basically falling apart), I'm just sick of having to replace the servo horn every time I want to drive :p
IMG20220728152125.jpg

Had to get new front shocks, one of the eyelet threads snapped off o_O
Good excuse to actually readjust my suspension setup anyways lol, I found that the front end was just too stiff BEFORE the shaft snapped. Was running 32.5wt with Gold HR springs, softened the springs to Black HRs, and kept the 32.5wt.
IMG20220728152226.jpg

Back