Second crawler... NEW crawler thoughts....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My OCD got the best of me finally, so I had to pick something up yesterday when I visited my LHS. We all know this won't be the last purchase, so may as well get one out of the way already :).

I picked up the TRX-4M Defender in gray. I purposely bought zero upgrades on that trip to the store. Already did some backyard crawling over minor obstacles and did some plotting for a little backyard course to set up. Also learned that one of my dogs truly hates it so far.

Had to restrain myself from going online upgrade shopping crazy last night.

Since it's stock still, figured there's no need for pics, so I didn't take any to post just yet. Once I start adding to it, I will post some.

My OCD got the best of me finally, so I had to pick something up yesterday when I visited my LHS. We all know this won't be the last purchase, so may as well get one out of the way already :).

I picked up the TRX-4M Defender in gray. I purposely bought zero upgrades on that trip to the store. Already did some backyard crawling over minor obstacles and did some plotting for a little backyard course to set up. Also learned that one of my dogs truly hates it so far.

Had to restrain myself from going online upgrade shopping crazy last night.

Since it's stock still, figured there's no need for pics, so I didn't take any to post just yet. Once I start adding to it, I will post some.

Good choice. You will find out what you want to mod along the way, then figure out you wanted something different. That's were the forums and friends are useful to see what others did and what works.

Two months later...

I made a promise to myself a while back that I'd spend more time doing than surfing forums and am happy that diving back into RC has progressed in this manner.

The TRX4M is a lot of fun. I've already done a few mods to add weight down low (brass wheel weights and brass slider weights), some Injora shocks, and am about to file down the fenders to mitigate some tire rub.

But then... they did indeed multiply. The SCX24 curiosity struck and a JLU appeared. Brass wheels and new tires were applied and oil-filled shocks are sitting here waiting to be installed. Inspiration from @Xraycer has me wanting to build something wild on this platform so I also picked up a green C10 to maintain some scale goodness :).

This weekend will see me in the backyard attempting to cobble together a little crawler course to tide me over until spring.

Two months later...

I made a promise to myself a while back that I'd spend more time doing than surfing forums and am happy that diving back into RC has progressed in this manner.

The TRX4M is a lot of fun. I've already done a few mods to add weight down low (brass wheel weights and brass slider weights), some Injora shocks, and am about to file down the fenders to mitigate some tire rub.

But then... they did indeed multiply. The SCX24 curiosity struck and a JLU appeared. Brass wheels and new tires were applied and oil-filled shocks are sitting here waiting to be installed. Inspiration from @Xraycer has me wanting to build something wild on this platform so I also picked up a green C10 to maintain some scale goodness :).

This weekend will see me in the backyard attempting to cobble together a little crawler course to tide me over until spring.
The SCX24 is very addicting. We have 3 of them, and they are all heavily modified.
Screenshot_20231114_055811.jpg

20220404_171703.jpg

20220417_155225.jpg

The FMS FCX24 and the Smasher Monster trucks are fun little trucks that also have the added bonus of having two speeds wich really adds to the fun factor.

The Axial SCX24's are a favorite of many, if your looking for performance straight from the box I would lean you towards the Deadbolt or the AX24 which also has 4 wheel steer.

The Traxxas TRX4m is also a nice little crawler. I would recommend the Bronco over the Land rover for performance but highly recommend putting the landrover tires on it.

You really can't go wrong if you have some of each. 🤣 I have a slight mini crawler addiction. :p

Forgot to mention, they all work great indoors!
View attachment 171745
I don't know if kitty likes that at all.

I had an axial wraith 2 years ago... bought it off a lady for 15 dollars! It had the battery and all the parts for it to run with upgrades like a brushless system that easily made it go 50 mph with other suspension upgrades.

I have had my SCX24 for a while and it has been pretty good and quite capable. I have done some mods to it, but never was fully invested in optimizing the preformance as I am mostly interested in larger vehicles. I would like to get the AX24 sometime and mod it into a miniature 2009 style comp crawler.

20210607_111900.jpg
20210607_112105.jpg
20210608_180935.jpg
20210608_180942.jpg
20210625_184344.jpg

Back