SCX6 Trail Honcho Upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferrebee88

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I am picking on up soon, so I started picking up the smaller upgrades for it. I watched some youtube videos from Scale Builders Guild and Exocaged RC, but I want your opinions!

So far I have:
Steady Spin tire foams
Bowhouse carbon fiber slipper pads
Bowhouse panhard support

I think I'm going to leave it at that for now until I see for myself what I want to upgrade. In the future I can see
AGFRC 1/5 servo
Maybe some SSD wheels
Probably some Vitavon C-hubs, shock mounts, and servo/esc tray.

What are your thought? I thought about getting the fine laser designs body holder and clipless mount, but... I can throw a block in there when I have the body up and spend an extra 30 seconds putting clips in the body mounts.

Seems like a good start. Only thing I would do is some visual cosmetics at first. Maybe a leash to tow it home when it dies.

Below is some if the aftermarket hopups.

https://www.bigsquidrc.com/?s=Scx6

The fine laser body latch and lock are really nice, easy install and way easier than finding those body clips.
I might get those at some point. I just overpaid for a set of folding side mirrors and door handles from shapeways.

These are pictures from the website... You have to glue them to the body, so hopefully that works out ( I read that description after ordering). Maybe I can find a little bitty screw to give a little bit of bite without going all the way through.

mirror.jpg

handle.jpg

Back