SCX24 News - Latest Mods for the Lil Guys

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I just stumbled on these the other day. This will be pretty cool.

https://oldtimerc.com/product/scx24-portal-axle-upgrade/
Screenshot_20210924-145256_Chrome.jpg

How soon you forgot, the shop is soon to be mine, again you aren't helping my wallet :D I have to fill the shop, you know that.. :p

How soon you forgot, the shop is soon to be mine, again you aren't helping my wallet :D I have to fill the shop, you know that.. :p
Haha. I bet when you get that X-Maxx done you will need a bigger shop!

Pretty damn close. In all honesty I have a bunch of work to do in the shop long before I start building my train layout again.

I have a little corner planned just for my RCs. My planes, I'll hang from the ceiling.

Last edited:
I'm turning Betty into a shelf queen. I've ordered just about every Treal part there is for her, a couple of HR hop ups, a Savox servo, Some Mickey Thompson Baja Claw tires, and a couple of 1000mAh lipos. Gonna wait on the metal portals I think. By the time its all said and done I'm gonna have somewhere around $600-$700 bucks in her. I shouldnt have ever let you guys talk me in to buying one of these lol

I'm turning Betty into a shelf queen. I've ordered just about every Treal part there is for her, a couple of HR hop ups, a Savox servo, Some Mickey Thompson Baja Claw tires, and a couple of 1000mAh lipos. Gonna wait on the metal portals I think. By the time its all said and done I'm gonna have somewhere around $600-$700 bucks in her. I shouldnt have ever let you guys talk me in to buying one of these lol
At least now you can look at her with loving eyes since you built her yourself. I personally can't wait to see a Betty all dolled up. That is going to be one hot mama!

At least now you can look at her with loving eyes since you built her yourself. I personally can't wait to see a Betty all dolled up. That is going to be one hot mama!
I forgot to mention the Mamba Micro 2 ESC and Furitek brushless motor I got for her :)

Oh man, more SCX24 news. I am changing the title of this thread...
RC4WD Mud Bashers! Don't these just look cool as F.
Screenshot_20210924-194853_Chrome.jpg

Oh man, more SCX24 news. I am changing the title of this thread...
RC4WD Mud Bashers! Don't these just look cool as F.
View attachment 133553
Dang Kev...Now you have my contemplating my life choices. I was really digging those Baja Claws until I saw these...

Bring Betty on when she is done. :)
Absolutely. Once I get all the parts Ill do a build thread on her. :)

IDK What do you guys think looks better? Baja Claw or.....

71AvwZfgoYL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Mud Bashers
Captergfergure.JPG

I'm really torn between these...

Last edited:
I like em both. I will probably eventually have to add a tire rack somewhere to the tables just to hold all the tires I want to try out. I am probably going to grab a set of those Mud Bashers for the C10 next.

Dang Kev...Now you have my contemplating my life choices. I was really digging those Baja Claws until I saw these...

Absolutely. Once I get all the parts Ill do a build thread on her. :)

IDK What do you guys think looks better? Baja Claw or.....

View attachment 133610

Mud Bashers
View attachment 133611

I'm really torn between these...
I like the baja claw

I like the Baja Claw. To me the Mud Bashers looks too much like tractor tires.
Yeah, that is what they are supposed to look like. It is what the mud runners use.
download (1).jpeg