SCX24 "DEADbolt" getting a makeover.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
So I got distracted from my foam experiments today, when I noticed my SCX24 Deadbolt just sitting on the shelf waiting for some attention. On a whim I decided to give it a nice flat black paintjob (still needs weathering). A new driver (Lego mini fig skull) and of course a cool new hood ornament. I've ordered some random upgrades that will be added as they arrive. Think I am going to dub this one the "Doom buggy" 💀🤣

PSX_20210829_170328.jpg

PSX_20210829_170449.jpg

Hell yeah!!! Flat black is where it's at. Looks so sweet!!!👍 👌 😍 love it.. the grill is popping now buddy look so good that was a great whim you had👍👍

Are you planning on any upgrades for the wheels and tires? I had to cut about 3/8" out of the rear of the front fenders to get the Mudslingers to tuck in there at full compress and lock. I have some fender flares modeled up and going on the printer tomorrow.

Are you planning on any upgrades for the wheels and tires? I had to cut about 3/8" out of the rear of the front fenders to get the Mudslingers to tuck in there at full compress and lock. I have some fender flares modeled up and going on the printer tomorrow.

I just ordered wheels and tires, I believe they are wider not taller.

I just ordered wheels and tires, I believe they are wider not taller.
I think I am going to try to stay closer to stock diameter on the C10. Maybe a tad bigger. But I think I am going to try some black RC10 Wagons on it. I have a set of those in white at 1.55" and love them.

Nice👍 you know you got some big as* tires. When you got to trim cut the fenders to make them work.. while compressed or turning..like they do to 1.1 scale trucks.they cut and roll the seam or cut the rocker corner out and weld in a pc of sheet metal... that's awesome 👍👍

Nice👍 you know you got some big as* tires. When you got to trim cut the fenders to make them work.. while compressed or turning..like they do to 1.1 scale trucks.they cut and roll the seam or cut the rocker corner out and weld in a pc of sheet metal... that's awesome 👍👍
Is it just me, or do you get the feeling @Doom! Is getting ready to do some crazy decals on this? I see some skulls coming. Just a hunch.

Is it just me, or do you get the feeling @Doom! Is getting ready to do some crazy decals on this? I see some skulls coming. Just a hunch.
I was thinking there's got to be something.. Getting put on that blank canvas of a hood he's got. It's too plane and blank for him..🤣🤣💀

I like the plain black look. If it were me, I would do 1 or 2 thick, gloss black stripes, length wise on the hood.
Perhaps a bunch of strategically placed chrome spikes

I'm just going to see where it takes me. I'm sure it will get some graphics of some sort at some time. :)
There you go bud. Let the truck talk you.. and tell you what it wants and needs nice.. alot if starring 👀👀 👀🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

There you go bud. Let the truck talk you.. and tell you what it wants and needs nice.. alot if starring
It will happen, my computer at work talks to me all the time. ;)

desktop.jpg