Screw Kits?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bro, check THIS link out. In the search box type in "m1.4" You'll have to wade through cuz some are phillips, some are hex, some are stainless, some are zinc plated, and some are steel alloy. I think you might be able to find what you need here.
Thanks for the link. They don't have them in button head and allen, but they have torx button, and allen cap screws in m1.4. I am still looking. I am betting Axial is having these custom made. They are really good screws in the trucks, so I may just buy some of the spare parts that come with the screws. I just want a small stash for a top secret build I am putting together, and I really want the button heads 😉

Thanks for the link. They don't have them in button head and allen, but they have torx button, and allen cap screws in m1.4. I am still looking. I am betting Axial is having these custom made. They are really good screws in the trucks, so I may just buy some of the spare parts that come with the screws. I just want a small stash for a top secret build I am putting together, and I really want the button heads 😉
Well, we tried :)

That same company custom makes small screws but you have to order 1000 of them. :(

I am with ya. In the machining industry here we always used mcmaster.com in every shop I worked at. Sometimes Fastenal, but they all used McMaster. They have the toughest hardware out there.

If anyone has a source for M1.4 allen drive button heads though, I'm having a hard time finding this one for the SCX24. Trying to avoid a kit because they all seem to be stainless, and I really don't want to go that route.
The sit that wolf threw up has the m1.4 in all lengths but it brings you to amazon for ordering. Have you tried amazon??

Yup. No m1.4 button heads that I can find.
Have you considered just using stainless since the SCX24 is too small for it to really matter anyway? I'm normally not big on stainless steel screws either but I will use them if I can't find anything else 🤷‍♂️

Have you considered just using stainless since the SCX24 is too small for it to really matter anyway? I'm normally not big on stainless steel screws either but I will use them if I can't find anything else 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, that is what I will use if I have to. But stainless is so soft, and these screws being so tiny, the sockets will strip really easily.

Yeah, that is what I will use if I have to. But stainless is so soft, and these screws being so tiny, the sockets will strip really easily.
I think the stainless is going to be the only ones you can get bud... they have them on the "BAY". They come in a micro set.. And also found some that are stainless micro screws for electronic boards...But not single size screws for the m1.4 button head Allen screw.. figured you want steel correct?

I think the stainless is going to be the only ones you can get bud... they have them on the "BAY". They come in a micro set.. And also found some that are stainless micro screws for electronic boards...But not single size screws for the m1.4 button head Allen screw.. figured you want steel correct?
Yeah, looking for the black oxide steel screws. I will just try to find a used SCX24. I need some spare parts anyway.

Yeah, looking for the black oxide steel screws. I will just try to find a used SCX24. I need some spare parts anyway.
That's even better way to go about it... they can't be that much rite?? All though I've been shocked before with the price on those little guys parts..🤣🤣🤣

That's even better way to go about it... they can't be that much rite?? All though I've been shocked before with the price on those little guys parts..🤣🤣🤣
The parts are ridiculous for these. Even used rigs are pretty pricey. There are some on ebay right now for $76 with a couple days of bidding left. Thinking of grabbing one, but might wait and see if anything else turns up.

OH NO sounds like a bidding war!!🤣🤣. I will keep a 👀 out for Wicked.
Oh no here WOLF goes..this is how it start peer pressure... next will be his table full of 24s.🤣🤣🤣🤣

OH NO sounds like a bidding war!!🤣🤣. I will keep a 👀 out for Wicked.
Oh no here WOLF goes..this is how it start peer pressure... next will be his table full of 24s.🤣🤣🤣🤣
I dont think I'm likely to buy one because knowing me I'll buy the $350 limited edition one and then sink another $300-$500 bucks in it upgrading every single part on it and then its gonna be a shelf queen. Id rather spend the money on other things right now. I need a mig welder so I can redo the front end of my Lawntoy. Who knows though, I might mess around and end up pulling the trigger but the things is I typically do not like micros. Theyre too small to work on lol

I dont think I'm likely to buy one because knowing me I'll buy the $350 limited edition one and then sink another $300-$500 bucks in it upgrading every single part on it and then its gonna be a shelf queen. Id rather spend the money on other things right now. I need a mig welder so I can redo the front end of my Lawntoy. Who knows though, I might mess around and end up pulling the trigger but the things is I typically do not like micros. Theyre too small to work on lol
That Betty one is way overpriced on ebay. You can buy a regular 24 and buy the Betty body from Horizon and make that exact truck for less than $175

Take the Lawntoy to a muffler shop. They will fab you up something cheap 😉

I'm the same way. Another reason I've held off on the trx-4. Because I already have the servos changed out. Esc /motor. Wheels tires lights. I can go on and on 🤣🤣
I don't know if I could have a shelf queen. All the $$ into a RC that will just sit there. And collect dust.. don't get me wrong. They are beautiful pieces of art. But I will probably end up driven it and break it. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣