Screw Kits?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackedOut08r1

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What brand is the best? I always thought rcscrewz was descent but after doing some reading it appears they suck?

Check out the for sale forum here, Robmob had a TON of screw kits at killer prices for sale a while back. Not sure on why rcscrews would suck but I've not ever had problems with them.

Check out the for sale forum here, Robmob had a TON of screw kits at killer prices for sale a while back. Not sure on why rcscrews would suck but I've not ever had problems with them.

I know I'm kinda bringin back the dead but most think RCScrewz suck because of the soft stainless steel they use. While they dont rust they do break pretty easy. Bought a set for my MGZT a while back and only put on 5-6 before I took them off and tried a different set.

I know I'm kinda bringin back the dead but most think RCScrewz suck because of the soft stainless steel they use. While they dont rust they do break pretty easy. Bought a set for my MGZT a while back and only put on 5-6 before I took them off and tried a different set.

Hopefully you can find some good screws some where soon:D:D

I'm lucky I guess. There's a FastenAll store a few blocks from me. They only sell in 50ct and up but, as he said above, you end up with everything you'll ever need. I even talked my boss into opening a business account with them so I got some savings there. As for the quality, that's all on you. You can get whatever grade you prefer. Really let's you be in controls. Plus, you can order from their website. I highly recommend it if you need screws a lot. I've even began the practice of one time use in high stress applications. Maybe be overkill, but I'm rarely down due to fastener failure. Good luck!

Agreed, RC screwz are soft, I have them on 4 land vehicles. I just wish I could find a kit that includes axle type screws for shocks and stuff.

I order metric screw kits from Amazon for 20-30$

so far I've bought 4 kits and have done 12+ cars with tons of extras.

I swear actual screw kits are marketing genius.. 🤦‍♂️

I just go to a site like MicroFasteners or RTL Fasteners and buy the button head, pan head, and socket head version of every size screw between M2.5 and M5 up to about 25mm or 30mm. Each pack has like 20 screws in it. I also bought all the nuts, washers, and grub screws in those sizes as well. That way I almost always have whatever screws I need on hand. I'm in the process of doing the SAE sizes now.
20210827_183918.jpg

20210827_183950.jpg

*Note to self, never tell @Greywolf74 to get screwed. 🤣
I've definitely screwed myself. 🤣

Seriously though, if you can spare the cash up front to invest in screws its well worth the money. I find places all the time to use these screws even for non RC stuff.

I've definitely screwed myself. 🤣

Seriously though, if you can spare the cash up front to invest in screws its well worth the money. I find places all the time to use these screws even for non RC stuff.
I have started a collection of my own, and agree completely, also it's helpful when we have what we need at the ridiculous hours when decide to work on things. 🤔

I quit buying screw kits along time ago!..🤔....:hehe:
I am with ya. In the machining industry here we always used mcmaster.com in every shop I worked at. Sometimes Fastenal, but they all used McMaster. They have the toughest hardware out there.

If anyone has a source for M1.4 allen drive button heads though, I'm having a hard time finding this one for the SCX24. Trying to avoid a kit because they all seem to be stainless, and I really don't want to go that route.

Same with everywhere.
Bro, check THIS link out. In the search box type in "m1.4" You'll have to wade through cuz some are phillips, some are hex, some are stainless, some are zinc plated, and some are steel alloy. I think you might be able to find what you need here.