Schumacher Menace 21

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you have an 1/8th scale serpent!!! ill give you my enzo for it!! just kidding. thanks for the positive feedback guys.

Yeah but the only way i'll trade it for that nikko is if he includes some alkaline batterys with it...LOL

:breakdown

I have ran my Menace on both asphalt and dirt including jumps and have yet to break a single part on the vehicle. I suspect the belt will probably fail sometime which is why I bought a spare. And yes it has taken a few untimely spills during landings. This truck is by no means a Monster Truck. It will not take that kind of abuse. It was built with one thing in mind...speed. As I stated before, it is built more like a stadium truck with lightweight components. If you want a vehicle to bash around with, get something else like a Savage or T-Maxx.

Sorry to hear that metallicamaxx had so many problems. Looks like he got a good deal in the end though.

We are always listening....

Let me tell you a story..., I bought an engine for my R12 Nitro Sedan. It was a VERY expensive hand modified engine. I am very experienced at racing nitro but this engine was terrible. Terrible idle, transition, no power, poor fuel efficiency, erratic needle settings. I was furious...$400 down the tubes!

So, what did I do? I called the manufacturer's shop and told them my problems. They had UPS pick up the engine from my office, they checked it out, replaced the carb, bench ran it and sent it back to me. It is now the best engine I own.

This is EXACTLY what Schumacher does whenever we get a call from a customer having a bad time with one of our cars.

I am very surprised that metallicamaxx had any problems with the Menace. We are getting very few calls with Menace problems.

Go to Google.com and do a search for "Schumacher Menace". The people running the car are the best advertizing we have.

metallicamaxx - Have the guy you traded the car to call us (813-889-9691) we will have UPS pick it up, we will check it out, fix it for FREE and ship it back to him at no charge.

We will ALWAYS do this for legitimate warranty issues.

We firmly stand behind our products.

Adrian Martinez
Sales Manager
Schumacher USA

Last edited:
i dont know why i was having so much trouble, maybe i just got a lemon. all of my friends with them like them, but i didnt. maybe i would have a different view on the menace if i had one that worked. i am so used to running traxxas and AE cars and never having a hickup that when i spent 500 bucks on a truck that didnt work that it just pissed me off. even if your menaces arent having the same problems you still can't get around the poor construction and use of some of the fliimsiest aluminum on the shocks and belt covers i have ever seen. it as simple as day, the menace is not worth 500 bucks, 400 maybe but definatly not 500. :nope: :thumbdown

Actually, it is about a $400 ($429) truck if you subtract the Blazer Sport radio.

Last edited:
I wish you had called us. I personally would have liked to see what you were talking about.

The shocks on the Menace have been in use for almost 9 years on various cars with no problems. They are made from 6061 T6 aluminum just like AE, Losi and Traxxas optional shocks. I had a guy send back a Nitro 21 XTR that was bent in half from hitting a concrete wall at full speed (~60mph) and its shock bodies were fine...the shock shafts looked like fish hooks but the bodies were perfect. FYI, don't let you RX batts die...bad things happen, lol!

The Chassis material is the same as that of the Fusion 21 (out for over a year) and the R12. The Fusion 21 goes just as fast as the Menace and crashes just as hard. I just checked out our computers and we have sold 2 fusion Chassis in the last 18 months. With a few thousand Fusions out the chassis seem to be holding up real well. They are also 6061T6 aluminum

With Regards to price...

How much does a Nitro MT+21 Conversion+engine+parts because it was never ment to run with a 21 in it cost...over $600.

Like I said, dont listen to me. Look at what people are posting about our cars on RCtech.net, radiocontrolzone.com and RCUniverse.com. The Menace is a lot of peoples favorite car now.

Re-Read your posts...(As in I just Re-Read your posts)

One thing you mention about the break block stripping out is right on the money. When the 2nd shipment of Menaces hit the streets we stared getting calls about the 3 speed drive plates and 2nd speed clutch packs stripping. We sent out free replacements and ask for the old parts back. The parts were mailed to the factory in England, engineers looked at them and traced the problem to 2 3 speed assemblers that were not tightening the 3 speeds lock nut all the way down all the way during assembly.

From discovery to resolution it took 2 weeks. All Menaces in stock at distributors were checked and we have had no additional failure reports in the last 3 weeks. Every single customer that had this problem and contacted us got replancement parts for free.

Last edited:
I have never had one of your products Adrian so i can't comment on the quality of them,but it is nice to see that you guys will stand behind your products.Good Bussiness ethics!

MAXXOVERKILL

Adrian,

It is nice to know that you do stand behind your product.

I am new to nitro but got the mence 21 anyway. I'm know 2 strokes very well so I went with the mence. The truck is great. Super fast. It broke one part. The part the of the front differential that the dog bone goes in.(i don't nkow its name). But any way I called schumacher and spoke to adrian. He was more then helpful and even agreed to refund the cost of the brken part that was probally my fualt. I think its great for them to step up like that. Thanks Adrian.

Wow... tell ya what. I don't own a Schumacher product but after seeing how Adrian has responded to these posts, I am considering it. How often do you see someone from Traxxas, GS, Ofna or HPI here answering to customer complaints?

I certainly don't doubt metallicamaxx's gripe as he impresses that he knows what he's talking about. However, even Ferrari has a lemon come off the line from time to time and like he said, maybe he got one.

Kudos to you Adrian for the support of your product!! Now to go check out more on the Menace. Muahahahaha

Last edited:
bigbadwolf understands what I'm saing. i am also glad to see that shumacher does stand behind their stuff. maybe i should have just called them and worked out all of my problems, but i never did and now i will never know. but hey it all worked out in the end. after hearing what all the other menace owners said i can see that i just had a lemon. every one has bad expeirences with certain cars, i guess it is just one of the times for good old metallicamaxx! :yes: :stickup:

Hi there,
seems like a got the same problems like metallicamaxx with my brand new menache 21 :( after 5 minutes in a parkinglot the first gear ripped of and front suspension broke. just by driving easy. What i'm i going to do? my dealer is not wery friendly, can someone please help?

regard,
jeliasse
:doh: :doh:

Originally posted by jeliasse
Hi there,
seems like a got the same problems like metallicamaxx with my brand new menache 21 :( after 5 minutes in a parkinglot the first gear ripped of and front suspension broke. just by driving easy. What i'm i going to do? my dealer is not wery friendly, can someone please help?

Just by driving easy huh? Riiiiighhhht..................

Call the 800 number that Adrian with Schumacher posted and go from there.

hi,
yes just by driving easy. I'm 30 years old and not stupid. it's not a big space where i drive, the car didn't even make it to the 2nd gear.

It started like this. After driving the menache aboute 5-10min the car was turning to right when it should go forward. suddenly it stoped to move at all!

i told yo the shumacher were lemons. some of them arent, but 75% are:angry:

Back