Sc10 esc and motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy219

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just picked up a associate sc10 2wd with a bad esc. The reedy esc was discontinued so I couldn't do a direct replacement. It is the brushless setup. The esc that was in it was xp/sc700bl. I replaced it with the reedy sc600bl. I'm thinking I should have gotten something different. I use to be a sponsored racer by wimpy motors back in the 90 when nitro wasn't even out yet😂. So I have to learn everything. It's very different now. I also got the reedy 526-s charger and 2 batteries. The hole package for 50 dollars. So any advice on equipment and part especially. Electronics

Attachments

• IMG_20220519_051257.jpg
    IMG_20220519_051257.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20220519_051409.jpg
    IMG_20220519_051409.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 53
Nitro was prevalent dating back to the mid 80s, the rtr boom of the mid late 90s thru mid late 2000s, put the spotlight on nitro power.
Nitro was prevalent dating back to the mid 80s, the rtr boom of the mid late 90s thru mid late 2000s, put the spotlight on nitro power.
You are right though regarding when 1/10 2wd gas truck started

You are right though regarding when 1/10 2wd gas truck started
Ya I know in California and out west nitro hit before it didn't in the mid west. My first stadium truck was a Team Losi LX-T. Get home from the races and watch headbangers ball🤟

Ya I know in California and out west nitro hit before it didn't in the mid west. My first stadium truck was a Team Losi LX-T. Get home from the races and watch headbangers ball🤟
My first was a kyosho sandmaster with no compression, junk

Opting for a low budget setup to race with?
Or, are you backyard bashing/racing with neighbors/friends?

I'm using a Hobbywing QuicRun 10BL120 in my T4.2FT and really have no complaints. I wanted a sensored setup without going broke. The QuicRun ESC specs and layout/setup options of it used to be Hobbywing's old XeRun 120A "top shelf" model. But nowadays the XeRun ESCs have all kinds of boost and timing parameters to adjust. For lower level club racing, and don't need all the "bells & whistles", I would recommend looking at the QuicRun 10BL120 for a person's sensored needs.
1653300993696.png

nitro dates back b4 the 1960 think he means lipo not nitro.

I just picked up a associate sc10 2wd with a bad esc. The reedy esc was discontinued so I couldn't do a direct replacement. It is the brushless setup. The esc that was in it was xp/sc700bl. I replaced it with the reedy sc600bl. I'm thinking I should have gotten something different. I use to be a sponsored racer by wimpy motors back in the 90 when nitro wasn't even out yet😂. So I have to learn everything. It's very different now. I also got the reedy 526-s charger and 2 batteries. The hole package for 50 dollars. So any advice on equipment and part especially. Electronics
Where do I start? I love the SC10 platform. Unfortunately, it's showing it's age and lifespan cut short because of parts supplier going bankrupt. Parts are still pretty easily found except for a few items e.g., chassis, steering bell cranks, etc., etc.

Not sure on your version of the SC10 you got, but if I had to guess, it started out as an SC10RS with that receiver box mounted on the chassis. If so, good news... you probably have front hex axles already and won't have to search for them (another "unicorn" part). If, by chance, you haven't got front hex axles you still can update the steering/caster blocks from the "5 series" platforms like the Pro2 SC10. I've even seen people use SC6 parts to do their hex conversion.

I loved headbangers ball and celebrate death match 😂

Back