Savox 1258tg Killing My VXL 3S 100% Dead!?...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Okay so I have used numerous Savox 1256tg & 1258tg servos and have never had this issue before, EVER! I'm mad enough to throw my RC sh%t in a box and bury it in my yard!!!

I run a VXL 3S combo in my Axial Wraith with either RC4WD or Traxxas TQi rx/tx, when I power up I have no issue with throttle response but as soon as I make more than lik 50% turn in either direction it kills my whole system 100% off with no recovery... I have installed a Novak brushless Powercap into my rx but to no avail!

What the hell is going on? I plugged a differant servo into my rx and she works splended with ZERO issue....?.....!!!:angry:

Any input would be greatly appreciated before I turn my RC collection into buried pirate booty!!

Okay so I have used numerous Savox 1256tg & 1258tg servos and have never had this issue before, EVER! I'm mad enough to throw my RC sh%t in a box and bury it in my yard!!!

I run a VXL 3S combo in my Axial Wraith with either RC4WD or Traxxas TQi rx/tx, when I power up I have no issue with throttle response but as soon as I make more than lik 50% turn in either direction it kills my whole system 100% off with no recovery... I have installed a Novak brushless Powercap into my rx but to no avail!

What the hell is going on? I plugged a differant servo into my rx and she works splended with ZERO issue....?.....!!!:angry:

Any input would be greatly appreciated before I turn my RC collection into buried pirate booty!!

Man... thats a good one. I wish I had an answer for you. I have heard Savox servos are power hungry but this is ridiculous.... especially if you are running 3S! If that isn't enough power I don't know what is. I am anxious to see if someone has an answer.

Yeah I've never stumped this forum before but I think I have now. I've read online I may have a bad servo..? I just dont understand it...

Yeah I've never stumped this forum before but I think I have now. I've read online I may have a bad servo..? I just dont understand it...

Savox's are supposed to be pretty good at least if you believe what you read. I have just recently bought two of them. I hope they last. I will ask a buddy of mine who also runs savox servos what he think might be the problem. I will let you know.

^^Yeah I have never had ANY issues with quality of them, this servo is brand new too so I am just lost.

Also, the steering doesn't always have to be 50% or more, sometimes full lock, sometimes just a smidgin of turn kills it..

If its bad I need to track down my order from wherever I got it and try to return it. I wont have a servo that to me costs alot haha...

Can you try a different servo and see if it reacts the same? Another idea is to try a BEC on the rig.

I plugged a differant servo into my rx and she works splended with ZERO issue....?.....!!!:angry:

Can you try a different servo and see if it reacts the same? Another idea is to try a BEC on the rig.

He said other servos work fine.

I'm with Hamz, I've heard that the Savox servos are power hungry and really need a decent BEC.

He said other servos work fine.

I'm with Hamz, I've heard that the Savox servos are power hungry and really need a decent BEC.

I may have misread but does a Power Capacitor work the same as a BEC?

I know the servo has some good life because I can SOMETIMES get 20 seconds of play and the servo works and turns like a servo should...

I'm just afraid if I drop 20 bones on a BEC and the problem consists I'm that much further away from another nice servo lol.

I may have misread but does a Power Capacitor work the same as a BEC?

I know the servo has some good life because I can SOMETIMES get 20 seconds of play and the servo works and turns like a servo should...

I'm just afraid if I drop 20 bones on a BEC and the problem consists I'm that much further away from another nice servo lol.

First off, have these ever been in the water?

First off, have these ever been in the water?

:hehe: Haha no not yet, thats for when I am ready to film on the trail. THEN she will probably see some water or see my ugly face from underneath the surface of the water :hehe:

I made sure the brains are WP for that fact lol!

All the capacitor is doing is smoothing out the power so there aren't any spikes. A BEC basically takes the power of the pack and bypasses the one built in to the ESC and delivers more current to the electronics. It's really common in crawlers.

Well I might as well cover all my bases with a BEC and Y harness so I can run it directly through my servo then just use the Powercap for the hell of it yeah?

----

Also, does it matter what channel my Powercap is plugged into? I run a 4 or 5 channel rx/tx (Most likely RC4WD) since I was just testing the Traxxas TQi on it so I knew if it was my servo or my tx/rx.

Have you tried it on another rig?

As long as the cap is plugged into the RX and can see power, it's usually fine.

A 20 amp Ubec will fix any issues you are having hobbywing makes a 10/20 amp bec

Back