Savage flux xs or mini erevo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReMiXeDg

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hands down what would you go with?

I personally want something that's going to be strong on 2S dont mind going to 3S but not preferred. I want to mainly do bashing shouldn't go with the savage flux xs or mini erevo?

The eRevo VXL all day long. Great little rig for bashing on 2s. But then again, I'm biased:
20120911_182301.jpg

I would go HPI I see fewer people having issues with them compared to the turd revo vxl. I had one and it was seriously just turrible. I owned one for like 4 or 5 months and not once did I get to lvc, something was always breaking.

1/10 scale against a 1/16 scale no a fair choice. I have several Mini erevo from a 100mph drag car with foams to a basher I love my erevo mini..
Revo all the way boo to the traxxas haters. way more parts from traxxas that a defuncted company now trying to get a 2nd chance

1/10 scale against a 1/16 scale no a fair choice. I have several Mini erevo from a 100mph drag car with foams to a basher I love my erevo mini..
Revo all the way boo to the traxxas haters. way more parts from traxxas that a defuncted company now trying to get a 2nd chance
It's 1/12 not 1/10.
Not a Traxxas hater, I just did not have any luck with the MERV that I had, everything broke on it, I would fix something then the next pack out something else would break. I beat the crap out of my 4pede and while stuff breaks every now and then I'm not constantly replacing parts on it.
3rd chance, Ripmax sold HPI and Maverick Racing to another company.

Best bash for buck right now seems to be the Redcat Kaiju, it does have a few quirks but guys are working on some simple solutions to fix them. $399.99 for a 6s capable truck is a pretty good deal considering the same money gets you a 3s rig from Traxxas and a 4s rig from Arrma.

Not sure I'd would go with either... HPI is still sketchy to get parts for and from what I've read, the merv (mini-erevo) requires quite a lot to keep it from breaking constantly.

I don't know another of that scale that would be a good alternative. Maybe if you want to go a bit larger and go with an arrma 3S or 4S truck. They are around the same price.

Back