Savage 4.6 nitro truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coyotedog1

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I have a savage 4.6 just doesn’t have the power it use to have. would it be better to rebuild if so where can I buy the parts, or dose somebody make a drop in motor I can buy what do you all recommend thanks.

I have a savage 4.6 just doesn’t have the power it use to have. would it be better to rebuild if so where can I buy the parts, or dose somebody make a drop in motor I can buy what do you all recommend thanks.
I believe any .28 or .30 with the same style carb should work. May have to shim the clutch a little differently if the shaft length isnt identical.

Probably it's the tune. How many gallons do you have through it? Worn engines usually have more power to the point if the are too worn out they don't work properly

Probably it's the tune. How many gallons do you have through it? Worn engines usually have more power to the point if the are too worn out they don't work properly
Not much power no matter the tune.

I have an LRP Z28R in mine. It has plenty of power. I removed the ZR.32. It made it very hard to drive and I broke driveline stuff a lot.