Savage 2 speed adjustment?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCNITRO

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
Right so as far as I know to adjust the shifting point of the savage 25 you insert the hex driver into the lower grub in the gearbox peep hole and trun clockwise for a later shift and anticlockwise for an earlier shift is this correct and IV done both and it doesn't seem to make any difference...iam confused guys🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211007-214538_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211007-214538_Gallery.jpg
    568.5 KB · Views: 78
What does yours do? Does it shift at all? Is it really slow top speed or does it take time to build up speed?
It shifts very early I have learned it out a bit so it dose get up to a good top end ...I just want it to shift later . I have have gave it about a full 2 turns and no difference bro

Screw it all the way in gently and count the turns, then back it off by half the turns and see what it does. Been a while since I messed with a two speed, but once you find the spot to change it, it takes very little one way or the other usually to change it, like 1/4 turn one way or the other is noticeable.

Are you sure your actually turning the grub screw? Can be kind of annoying to actually get the hex in it.

If it shifts almost immediately you are way too far out, you'll need to turn it clockwise for a later shift. Follow olds advice, and then make your adjustments from there. Counter clockwise to shift sooner, clockwise to shift later. Also as olds mentioned make sure you are actually turning the screw, and that you are using the correct size allen wrench.

Screw it all the way in gently and count the turns, then back it off by half the turns and see what it does. Been a while since I messed with a two speed, but once you find the spot to change it, it takes very little one way or the other usually to change it, like 1/4 turn one way or the other is noticeable.

Are you sure your actually turning the grub screw? Can be kind of annoying to actually get the hex in it.
Thanks bro I'll make sure it's in properly... And actually moving I know what u mean there bro 😃

Don't tighten it down hard or you will damage the spring. Just tighten until you feel it stop, then back it off and see how it does. Would be useful to count the turns until it stops, then you know how for not to back it out. :)

Don't tighten it down hard or you will damage the spring. Just tighten until you feel it stop, then back it off and see how it does. Would be useful to count the turns until it stops, then you know how for not to back it out. :)
Yes bro a got it thanks anyways

Back