Savöx Servo SA-1258TG or SC-1258TG?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oles

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi!

I can get a Savöx Servo SA-1258TG 0.08 speed/12kg servo. I am planning on using it in my Xray Xb4. But I see that the SC-1258TG is specifically for cars, hence the C instead of the A. A is for aeroplane, C is for cars. I read that the SA is universal and can also be used in cars, but I am not sure. Anyone know the difference and who knows if the SA version can be used in cars. The Xray is a pretty high spec car and I know any servo will work, but I need something competitive if I am to upgrade to the Savox 😎...

I'm not too familiar with savox servos. I would use the C because it is for cars but if the A is more faster with speed and torque then I would get the A. In my B74.1 I am using a Xpert 4000 servo and it has plenty of speed and torque for my local indoor clay track and local smaller carpet track. My uncle uses this same Xpert servo in his XB4 (2017) for years now. He even used it in his SCTs too.

I'm not sure it would matter which one you used. All of the specs are identical between the 2 servos. I'm not entirely sure why theres 2 different model number?

at 12 kg I'm not sure either one of those low kg servos will work for steering

Thank you. I would have bought the SC model, but I can get a cheap used SA model. But if it does not do the trick its money lost eitherway 😅

166 oz/in is fine for a 2wd buggy. And as Grey said, the specs on the A version match the SC version. So if you can get it cheap, go for it. The fact that they list it as an airplane servo just makes no sense to me. It looks great for a small, light buggy.

I see none of you have raced a 1/10 scale buggy,. The G forces when on carpet going into a turn is going to give you a major amount of PUSH.. say hello to the walls or dividers.op will find out

Tntpoof what do you mean by push? Is the servo not strong enough? Or fast enough. I just started on carpet and want to learn more...

Oh, you have a 4wd buggy. I was thinking 2wd in my previous post for some reason. Yeah, as tnt said, you'll probably want something with a bit more torque.

I have definitely not raced so I could see where on carpet you might need more torque. I was looking at it from an off road bashing point of view

Thank you. The servo is installed I will give it a go. I have read some articles and it seems to be consensus that 10 kg is enough, but if the steering is off than I will upgrade. Hopefully it is better than my slow AliXpress servo that I used in my first trackdays...
I have definitely not raced so I could see where on carpet you might need more torque. I was looking at it from an off road bashing point of view

push is when you turn the car will drift in the turn and head the opposite direction your turning.

Thanks for your advice. I just drove the car on the track and the servo is amaxing. The car is more stable and the turning is really sharp. If the 12kg is enough as I improve my driving, time will tell. But either way the improvement from the AliXpress servo was bigger than I expected... The car is so much easier to drive...

Back