Steering servo upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieTuna

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey all...kinda new at this hobby so looking for your experience to help me out. I am looking for an upgrade steering servo for my Losi Tenacity DB PRO. I was thinking about the Savox SC-1258TG. Is this a good choice? Will it be a direct fit? Is it strong enough? Also looking for other recommendations so please let me know.
Thanks everybody,
Charlie B

Hey, Charlie. Welcome to the forum and to the hobby.

Here are two links to compare specs:

Spektrum S614 MG

Savox SC-1258TG

Looks to me like the Savox comes in at less torque and different spline count than the OEM Losi. Very possible a less strong servo requiring a change to the servo horn. Hope this helps. Cheers. 'AC'

Personally I dont think the 1258TG has enough torque and by that I mean it may technically work but for $4 less you can get a the SC1201MG which has waaaaay more torque. As Ahr43 pointed out though you will need a new servo saver/servo horn as Savox uses 25T spline count and Spektrum only uses 23T splines.

Hey, Charlie. Welcome to the forum and to the hobby.

Here are two links to compare specs:

Spektrum S614 MG

Savox SC-1258TG

Looks to me like the Savox comes in at less torque and different spline count than the OEM Losi. Very possible a less strong servo requiring a change to the servo horn. Hope this helps. Cheers. 'AC'
Thanks AC