Sanity check - Losi 22 Twentytwo from 2011

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R3g1st3rTh1s

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Scale Builder
Hi All,

I just need to sanity check here.

I'm considering making a bid for a 2011 Losi 22 Twentytwo.

I comes without electronics and wheels, but does include a large number of spares and looks to be in good condition except for the turnbuckles gathering rust.

What would be a fair price, considering that the model is discontinued and that it will cost a fair number of coins getting electronics, wheels and batteries just to get it running - at the very least.

Thanks for any input :)

I don't recommend buying any car that has been discontinued with no parts support. You couldn't give me a car that I can't get parts for, only exception is if the car is pristine and will be a shelf queen.

Agreed with Bill
I was thinking about getting a SCTE. But nah, 0 parts support. Parts are rare too.

Available parts would be the #1 thing to look for, like the guys up there^^ mentioned, I would pass.

It's not worth wasting the money unless you already have parts available. Shelf queen at best or broken shelf queen at the worst. I have a short course that I can't get parts for.

"IF" you can get it really cheap and you don't mind doing research and chasing parts on ebay, then think about it. I have a couple older rigs, a first gen E-Maxx that I love bashing with. But I also have a recent (2015) AE rc10 sc that is hard to get support for. I bought the rc10 with the intention of racing it but there's no point in being a "back marker". I will still keep it and chase parts. Tell the seller the reality of the rig and drive the price down accordingly. It is fun "saving" an older piece. Best of luck.

"IF" you can get it really cheap and you don't mind doing research and chasing parts on ebay, then think about it. I have a couple older rigs, a first gen E-Maxx that I love bashing with. But I also have a recent (2015) AE rc10 sc that is hard to get support for. I bought the rc10 with the intention of racing it but there's no point in being a "back marker". I will still keep it and chase parts. Tell the seller the reality of the rig and drive the price down accordingly. It is fun "saving" an older piece. Best of luck.
Good advice. And I agree it can be fun to take on a project like this one. But I probably wouldn't drive it other than easy little runs, if that.

I’m already in the process of saving a TA Nitro TC3, just waiting for tools to arrive, If the price for this one is right, I’ll save it afterwards :)

Thanks for the input guys, not picking this up, unless I can steal it :)

Ever since Losi was purchased by Horizon, Losi has not been putting too much effort into their race offerings. There is talk of a new design, but only time will tell. Their last 1/10 design came out in 2019. Parts for any of their 1/10 racers are hard to find.

If you plan on racing, check out the Associated B6.4. They just came out with a B7, so the B6.4's are being sold off pretty cheap. The B6.4 is still an extremely competitive buggy, and much more competitive than a rear motor Losi 22 on current tracks.

Ever since Losi was purchased by Horizon, Losi has not been putting too much effort into their race offerings. There is talk of a new design, but only time will tell. Their last 1/10 design came out in 2019. Parts for any of their 1/10 racers are hard to find.

If you plan on racing, check out the Associated B6.4. They just came out with a B7, so the B6.4's are being sold off pretty cheap. The B6.4 is still an extremely competitive buggy, and much more competitive than a rear motor Losi 22 on current tracks.
No plans for racing, mainly building and then light bashing. I probably should get something modern for the bashing needs :)

No plans for racing, mainly building and then light bashing. I probably should get something modern for the bashing needs :)

Yeah.... Definitely don't bash something that you can't get parts for. Kyosho and Traxxas came out with some inexpensive buggies that are based on their old race buggies. They are the Kyosho SB Dirt Master and the Traxxas Bandit.

Sanity loss avoided, seller won’t negotiate.

If I pick up a new buggy or truggy at some point it will probably be associated or xray. It would certainly be overkill for my needs, but their kits are soooo nice…

Edit: But… I’ll probably continue looking out for old stuff that deserves to be saved.

Hi All,

I just need to sanity check here.

I'm considering making a bid for a 2011 Losi 22 Twentytwo.

I comes without electronics and wheels, but does include a large number of spares and looks to be in good condition except for the turnbuckles gathering rust.

What would be a fair price, considering that the model is discontinued and that it will cost a fair number of coins getting electronics, wheels and batteries just to get it running - at the very least.

Thanks for any input :)
There are a ton of parts for these on Ebay. You could also pick up a used roller for parts. Here’s mine:

IMG_3441.jpeg

Sanity loss avoided, seller won’t negotiate.

If I pick up a new buggy or truggy at some point it will probably be associated or xray. It would certainly be overkill for my needs, but their kits are soooo nice…

Edit: But… I’ll probably continue looking out for old stuff that deserves to be saved.
Too bad he won't negotiate. Smart to walk away on your part though. I like saving older stuff myself.

It's ok, I offered him the equivalent of $60 and he is asking $180...

His price though is too close to $215, for which I can pick up the '23 model of XRAYs 2WD buggy (if I'm fast and lucky), if I really needed a 2WD buggy, which I don't btw. I just wanted to save it :)