S.O.S Can anyone help I need HSP flying fish replacement parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's actually the ZD Racing 10426 on-road chassis not the HSP
The problem i am finding is that parts are extremely scarce for the ZD Racing 10426 chassis. You can try the ZD Racing thunder SC10 or TC10 and see if those parts will work. For mine, i think i am just going to go with an actual HSP chassis from AliExpress as a backup. I've been searching days for parts for the 10426 with very little luck. When i get a chance, i will see if the parts from my Exceed Mad Speed are compatible (i learned recently Exceed RC actually makes two different drift cars. One is the same as the HSP Flying Fish, and one isnt). Exceed makes the Mad Speed, and none of those parts are compatible with the HSP Flying fish. The Exceed RC Drift Star parts are, however, compatible with the Flying Fish, so you have to be careful there. You can look at the Exceed RC Mad Speed and see if it looks the same, but, parts for that car are also hard to come across, and NitroRCX is out of stock on stuff quite often.

The problem i am finding is that parts are extremely scarce for the ZD Racing 10426 chassis. You can try the ZD Racing thunder SC10 or TC10 and see if those parts will work. For mine, i think i am just going to go with an actual HSP chassis from AliExpress as a backup. I've been searching days for parts for the 10426 with very little luck. When i get a chance, i will see if the parts from my Exceed Mad Speed are compatible (i learned recently Exceed RC actually makes two different drift cars. One is the same as the HSP Flying Fish, and one isnt). Exceed makes the Mad Speed, and none of those parts are compatible with the HSP Flying fish. The Exceed RC Drift Star parts are, however, compatible with the Flying Fish, so you have to be careful there. You can look at the Exceed RC Mad Speed and see if it looks the same, but, parts for that car are also hard to come across, and NitroRCX is out of stock on stuff quite often.
Damn I thought I just didn't know what I was looking for but this now seems bigger than I thought I think the go to now is making it like monstertrucker15 said for the most part the only way to get those replaced is to make one or buy a spare chassis and buying whole chassis to replace a part if it breaks more than once isn't smart either so the smart move to save that model only turns out to making it for now finding those ZD parts look like a wash, my ZD and my TT01 are both out of commission now so I made my next move I picked up a HPI RS4 Sport3 to finish building a Speed runner / basher my next question is what gearing to go with to get 100+ with 2 options of electronics, first one is surpass rocket 540 V3 4.5T with quicrun 120A Sensored Brushless esc or Ezrun 3652 G2 with Surpass Hobbies 150A sensorless brushless esc so what set up and what gearing?

Damn I thought I just didn't know what I was looking for but this now seems bigger than I thought I think the go to now is making it like monstertrucker15 said for the most part the only way to get those replaced is to make one or buy a spare chassis and buying whole chassis to replace a part if it breaks more than once isn't smart either so the smart move to save that model only turns out to making it for now finding those ZD parts look like a wash, my ZD and my TT01 are both out of commission now so I made my next move I picked up a HPI RS4 Sport3 to finish building a Speed runner / basher my next question is what gearing to go with to get 100+ with 2 options of electronics, first one is surpass rocket 540 V3 4.5T with quicrun 120A Sensored Brushless esc or Ezrun 3652 G2 with Surpass Hobbies 150A sensorless brushless esc so what set up and what gearing?
Not much right now but electronics are on the way ?
16161344513552310530919359632464.jpg
16161345138374814500763328372182.jpg
16161345581122818694823481819026.jpg
16161346493658830296334596567469.jpg
16161347278672589779630475712031.jpg

I dont know much about speed runs, honestly. I started building a speed car awhile back, but when i started realizing what it would cost, i pretty much gave up on it. As for the 10426, i just happened to stumble onto the ZD Racing Pirates 3 TC, and that rear shock mount looks very similar to the 10426. You can also get the Pirates 3 mount in aluminum.

This is the Pirates 3 TC:
b7264490-c9be-4d9d-9716-9cc339ff29cb.jpg

And this is the 10426 i have:
51XwTiAA4TL._AC_SX466_.jpg

I dont know much about speed runs, honestly. I started building a speed car awhile back, but when i started realizing what it would cost, i pretty much gave up on it. As for the 10426, i just happened to stumble onto the ZD Racing Pirates 3 TC, and that rear shock mount looks very similar to the 10426. You can also get the Pirates 3 mount in aluminum.

This is the Pirates 3 TC:
View attachment 126057
And this is the 10426 i have:
View attachment 126058
Oh hek yeh that's it bro where did you find that?

Goofing off on AliExpress and BangGood looking at touring car chassis. I happened onto the Pirates 3, and noticed a few parts that were similar, and the ones i found were all either aluminum or carbon fiber.
That works out all the way ??, I'm back in the saddle again, thanks bro I'm getting that for sure ????

That works out all the way ??, I'm back in the saddle again, thanks bro I'm getting that for sure ????
Now all I need is some gearing ⚙ advice I know you gave up on that ship so with the info given if anyone can give me some pointers for speed with the electronics stated above ?? if a can get in the ballpark of speed gearing I'm pretty sure I can hit the mark of 100+ ?????? any info helps. I can see some performance with the stock gears but honestly those plastic gears can't take the torque I need to put down so I have to replace those anyway, so now would be the best time to get the right replacements for Spur and or Pinion, for those that have the knowledge I'm already working with 32T 48p steel Pinion what Spur would match the electronics stated in thread above ???

Now all I need is some gearing ⚙ advice I know you gave up on that ship so with the info given if anyone can give me some pointers for speed with the electronics stated above ?? if a can get in the ballpark of speed gearing I'm pretty sure I can hit the mark of 100+ ?????? any info helps. I can see some performance with the stock gears but honestly those plastic gears can't take the torque I need to put down so I have to replace those anyway, so now would be the best time to get the right replacements for Spur and or Pinion, for those that have the knowledge I'm already working with 32T 48p steel Pinion what Spur would match the electronics stated in thread above ???
HPI RS4 SPORT3 with surpass rocket 540 V3 4.5T with quicrun 120A Sensored Brushless esc or Ezrun 3652 G2 with Surpass Hobbies 150A sensorless brushless esc so what set up and what gearing?

I did run into a bit of an issue with that shock tower. Although i found it listed, noone seems to have the plastic, aluminum or carbon fiber one in stock, and, oddly, i can't find a part number listed anywhere for any of them. I emailed ZD Racing to see if i can get the manual from them. Another thing i found out is the 10426 and the Pirates 3 TC-10 are the same car, just different chassis numbers and bodies. The Pirates 3 is a mostly aluminum chassis, and the 10426 is a mostly plastic chassis. They are also listed under the ZD Racing Thunder 9108 name, but so far no luck finding parts under that name. So far, the only thing i have found is a complete Pirates 3 mostly aluminum chassis, for around $150, which is making the HSP 94123 chassis i found seem better and better every minute, since i know that for that chassis, there are parts available almost everywhere, from eBay, Redcat Racing, Amazon, AliExpress, and BangGood to name a few. I can't really get to any of my cars right now, since i am in the middle of remodeling, but, once i can, i will see if the Exceed RC Mad Speed shock tower will work on that car. If ou can hold off a few days, i can dig my cars out and compare the two shock towers. The two pics are of the plastic and carbon fiber shock towers for the Exceed RC Mad Speed, but they are currently out of stock.

Attachments

• rear-shock-tower-carbon-5.gif
    rear-shock-tower-carbon-5.gif
    11.6 KB · Views: 77
  • shock-tower-plastic-6.gif
    shock-tower-plastic-6.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 63
I did run into a bit of an issue with that shock tower. Although i found it listed, noone seems to have the plastic, aluminum or carbon fiber one in stock, and, oddly, i can't find a part number listed anywhere for any of them. I emailed ZD Racing to see if i can get the manual from them. Another thing i found out is the 10426 and the Pirates 3 TC-10 are the same car, just different chassis numbers and bodies. The Pirates 3 is a mostly aluminum chassis, and the 10426 is a mostly plastic chassis. They are also listed under the ZD Racing Thunder 9108 name, but so far no luck finding parts under that name. So far, the only thing i have found is a complete Pirates 3 mostly aluminum chassis, for around $150, which is making the HSP 94123 chassis i found seem better and better every minute, since i know that for that chassis, there are parts available almost everywhere, from eBay, Redcat Racing, Amazon, AliExpress, and BangGood to name a few. I can't really get to any of my cars right now, since i am in the middle of remodeling, but, once i can, i will see if the Exceed RC Mad Speed shock tower will work on that car. If ou can hold off a few days, i can dig my cars out and compare the two shock towers. The two pics are of the plastic and carbon fiber shock towers for the Exceed RC Mad Speed, but they are currently out of stock.
Damn my anxiety has been a roller-coaster since you found the ZD, yeh no prob bro I can wait I'm still getting parts in so no rush just want to find the parts cause now I fell like when these parts are located I need to grab a few of them cause if they are this hard to find imagine breaking parts more than once so yes you can test fit or compare before we stock up but definitely making one is now a must.

Dude you're the numero uno for sourcing parts those all look like they would fi ??
Sorry i havent gotten back to this sooner. Ever since the weather broke, i have been extremely busy. While i havent verified if the Pirates 3 parts will work, i can verify that the Exceed RC Mad Speed parts will work on the 10426, at least, the shock tower you need.

Sorry i havent gotten back to this sooner. Ever since the weather broke, i have been extremely busy. While i havent verified if the Pirates 3 parts will work, i can verify that the Exceed RC Mad Speed parts will work on the 10426, at least, the shock tower you need.
I ended up getting the 10426 roller chassis again as a re-order n just swapping parts from that one which is now a parts frame pretty much. I did check them out on BangGood n I still plan to get the shock tower when it comes available, thanks a million brother you still gave me a wealth of knowledge lesson learned 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

I ended up getting the 10426 roller chassis again as a re-order n just swapping parts from that one which is now a parts frame pretty much. I did check them out on BangGood n I still plan to get the shock tower when it comes available, thanks a million brother you still gave me a wealth of knowledge lesson learned 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
Here is the BMW touring car i built from the 10426 chassis: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/my-budget-bmw-m3-touring-drift-rally-build.130202/ I also have a HSP drift car chassis on its way, so the body is going to do double duty, at least for now.

Not much right now but electronics are on the way View attachment 126053
I only glanced at it before, but i happened back on this, and actually noticed what body you have on it. My question is, how durable does that body seem? Is it fairly durable, or weak and cheap? The reason i ask is because i thought of picking up a couple different ones for the HSP chassis i have, instead of having the M3 body do double duty. Did you get this one finished? I know at one point you were thinking of building a speed runner out of it.

Back