S.O.S Can anyone help I need HSP flying fish replacement parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooks SLR

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a pickle, I broke my rear shock tower on my HSP flying fish and I can't seem to find any replacement parts for this I rigged up a temporary fix but that's not quite the help I need because now it's driving all funky and in the long run now becoming costly. If anyone can point me in the right direction for the right parts or have any access to these parts I would greatly appreciate it and would gladly buy it off who ever can provide it, I've not been able to drive n I'm now getting frustrated at looking at my car like an expensive paperweight, if anyone has a solution I am all ears?
16147367069352248206122425971834.jpg
16147367378072957405007154866191.jpg
16147367567264541772327257272160.jpg
16147367819937940763945705646567.jpg

I am not that familiar with making these parts n don't have the resources available to take on that project, I first approached that with buying a 3d printer only to find out I didn't know enough, I bought the wrong kind of 3d printer to begin with (Anycubic resin printer) too brittle for this application " my first time doing any 3d printing " I've bought different shock towers and not one of them truly fit I've customized what I had but not truly fixing the problem, don't have machining tools and the funds left to keep throwing at this problem but I'm not afraid of trying that if I can get the proper instructions in how to go about this (probably a dumb question but have you had to do this and if so what tools did you use?)

You can use a cordless drill (a drill press would be better) and a coping saw (a metal blade band saw would be better) with a metal blade.. Make it out of 1/4" aluminum.

Thanks brother I'll give it my best shot, I'll definitely post the progress and results as best as I can. Pray for good results hope the RC God's bless me with something that fits the need. ????????????

I do it all the time when I need a part I can't find.

I'm in a bit of a pickle, I broke my rear shock tower on my HSP flying fish and I can't seem to find any replacement parts for this I rigged up a temporary fix but that's not quite the help I need because now it's driving all funky and in the long run now becoming costly. If anyone can point me in the right direction for the right parts or have any access to these parts I would greatly appreciate it and would gladly buy it off who ever can provide it, I've not been able to drive n I'm now getting frustrated at looking at my car like an expensive paperweight, if anyone has a solution I am all ears?
What exactly did you break? My car and yours look a bit different.

What exactly did you break? My car and yours look a bit different.
I broke my rear shock tower, I glued it, zip tied it and bolted an aluminum shock tower from another model to it. It's sturdy but not straight so I think it's throwing off the torque output causing power to shift pushing the car off course once a lay into the throttle. ?

I broke my rear shock tower, I glued it, zip tied it and bolted an aluminum shock tower from another model to it. It's sturdy but not straight so I think it's throwing off the torque output causing power to shift pushing the car off course once a lay into the throttle. ?
What model is that shock tower from? This is the actual aluminum front and rear tower for that car: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1245412089...oOX73HSL-y5z7RnehBc_nKvFxjgYXgZgaAtXhEALw_wcB
That is the one i have on my car. The Redcat Racing Lightning EPX and the Flying Fish are the exact same car, so parts for them are interchangeable,

The shock towers you shared that's what I bolted to it, so I guess my car isn't a flying fish
That's what it was described as when I bought it n all the other parts I buy for it is from the flying fish n they all fit for the most part. ??‍♂️

That's what it was described as when I bought it n all the other parts I buy for it is from the flying fish n they all fit for the most part. ??‍♂️
That actually looks like my ZD Racing 10426. The Redcat Racing Lightning EPX/HSP Flying Fish has a blue or purple metal center brace, and the receiver box isnt on the center brace.

That actually looks like my ZD Racing 10426. The Redcat Racing Lightning EPX/HSP Flying Fish has a blue or purple metal center brace, and the receiver box isnt on the center brace.
Oh ok well that explains why I can't find the right parts

Back