Ryobi rc car what?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just looking on the web at some rc cars came across this I didn’t know Ryobi made rc cars I mean the battery’s probably aren’t half bad either plus have you ever seen a not cordless rc car when I say it I only clicked because it said cordless 😂 amagine a extension cord being pulled behind your rc car 😂

Years ago, there did exist 'remote control' cars than were cabled to the hand controller. There may still be some about in the toy car market.

Radio control cars are differentiated by not having a cable connection. At one time, one would see the terms remote control and radio control used interchangeable in the hobby. Not so much anymore.

Did you capture a link to the Ryobi's? I'll have to check that out. Have some Ryobi battery-op garden tools. They seem to know their stuff. Love their signature yellow/green color too.

Years ago, there did exist 'remote control' cars than were cabled to the hand controller. There may still be some about in the toy car market.

Radio control cars are differentiated by not having a cable connection. At one time, one would see the terms remote control and radio control used interchangeable in the hobby. Not so much anymore.

Did you capture a link to the Ryobi's? I'll have to check that out. Have some Ryobi battery-op garden tools. They seem to know their stuff. Love their signature yellow/green color too.
Yea here’s the link https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...jr6uk9r3AhUuT98KHTwdBhsQwg8oAHoECAEQCw&adurl=

The only thing that said it was bad at is that it overheated you could probably change the motor out to a hobby wing or something of that sorts

Aw shucks, its not Ryobi green/yellow. BUT, battery from my cordless Ryobi drill works. Controller trigger is different. Appears to slide in the housing rather than the pivot we are used to on our hobby-grade controllers. Interesting Ryobi chose to include this in their line of tools.

Aw shucks, its not Ryobi green/yellow. BUT, battery from my cordless Ryobi drill works. Controller trigger is different. Appears to slide in the housing rather than the pivot we are used to on our hobby-grade controllers. Interesting Ryobi chose to include this in their line of tools.
Claims 20mph, 150 foot range.

My main toy grade custom upmod actually has the silver can from a Ryobi 7.2v drill. Total beast in the grass.
IMG_20220206_165622.jpg

Controller trigger is different. Appears to slide in the housing
Controller is probably based on an existing shell design. I'd bet that slide is merely a variable trigger with a new insert.

Last edited:
Back