Rustler VXL Body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've looked all over ebay is the ony place I've seen the red and blue ones.

Maybe my hobby shop will have one. If not, I guess I have to wait till it hits ebay. Thanks anyway.

The Traxxas website doesn't even have them. It almost seems to be that they only come on the RTRs and aren't sold separately. I could be wrong but like I said I didn't see them on Traxxas website.

try amazon or craigslist

Have you thought about buying a clear one and do a rattle-can paint job yourself? It really isn't that hard to do.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I might just do solid blue and put decals on it. How would you do it? Would you spray it from the inside?

You could do it that way but I would suggest watching some basic painting vids on youtube. You could do something a little more complex than just a basic blue coat without a whole lot of extra effort. Do a youtube search for how to paint lexan bodies or something to that effect.

There are also a lot of how to threads in the Paint and Body section here as well.

You can download a pdf parts list from the traxxas website if you don't have it, and it lists the replacement body for it. It comes with the stripes already on it, but requires you to paint the main color to finish it off. You'll also get the decals for the lights with it. Part # 3715 for vxl, $35. Hobbytown usually carries some lids, and if they don't have it they can order it.

thats if you can find a hobby town thats still open all but 2 closed in maryland

Hell man I would just buy a rustler lid and paint it yourself, those Traxxas factory lids are ugly as the growth on my left butt cheek haha

Hell man I would just buy a rustler lid and paint it yourself, those Traxxas factory lids are ugly as the growth on my left butt cheek haha

So true and funny!

Its like every model almost has the same scheme, I'm in the process of looking for a new body for my Bandit.