Running 2 batteries at once

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phins Fan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just recently picked up a 1/16 traxxas Ken Block and have compartments to house a battery on each side of the chassis. If I ran either 2S or 3S I'm curious what the connecter is called that will keep it a 2S setup? Parallel like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lipo-Parall...dio_Control_Control_Line&hash=item3a63d3d2f8? I will need to fab together the connector but wanted to make sure I made something that didn't put 4S or 6S to a 3S system by combining the 2 batteries. A pic or link to what the connector looked like would be smashing! Thanx!!

Last edited:
you want it to be wired in parrallel like in the link u posted. basically you just wire 2 grounds and 2 positives then run one of each to each batt.

well your wording is abit off. running parallel does increase capacity, what it doesn't increase is voltage. For example, if you run 2 2s 5000Mah in parallel it ends up being a 2s 10000Mah Battery setup, while if you run em in series it will be a 4s 5000mah setup. I know its just wording, but if you talk to someone else and say parallel doesn't increase capacity they will probably end up a bit confused :)

Last edited:
Fair enough.... I'm a bit new to the electric 2 battery setups and just didn't want to fry everything the second I turned it on. So the link I posted would be correct for running 2 2S lipos and keeping them 2S?

well your wording is abit off. running parallel does increase capacity, what it doesn't increase is voltage. For example, if you run 2 2s 5000Mah in parallel it ends up being a 2s 10000Mah Battery setup, while if you run em in series it will be a 4s 5000mah setup. I know its just wording, but if you talk to someone else and say parallel doesn't increase capacity they will probably end up a bit confused :)

So your saying a stock EMAXX runs 2s ? The way its wired up?

the stock emaxx runs 4s, the esc is wired in series on input and parallel on output to motors.
Two 2s's going in on series but on each output to motor is parallel = 4s.

Oh ok. I was just wondering. Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Oh and its the brushless edition

Back