RPM, Traxxas, Or Aluminum? Front Bulkhead - Slash 2wd

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
The Front Bulkhead on my slash 2wd has been cracked for a long time but it has been holding up. I am just wondering should I go with RPM,Traxxas, Or a aluminum?
With some of the aluminum bulkheads I saw that you didn't need the fiber glass tiebar and E clips. For aluminum there is STRC, Hot Racing, Atomik, Integy and others.

The Front Bulkhead on my slash 2wd has been cracked for a long time but it has been holding up. I am just wondering should I go with RPM,Traxxas, Or a aluminum?
With some of the aluminum bulkheads I saw that you didn't need the fiber glass tiebar and E clips. For aluminum there is STRC, Hot Racing, Atomik, Integy and others.

I would do RPM stuff for a slash ,I am quite sure that you are not going to get
too brutal with it to were you would need aluminum!..:thumbs-up:

If the stock lasted cracked, I dont feel aluminum would be right for you, but if so, Id go strc or flm route.

If rpm, I would look into titanium hingepin. Rpm plastic flexes, metal pins should not, but factory traxxas has been known to.

If your front end wont stay planted, or you have steering issues, then aluminum or even some form of weights.

I would do RPM stuff for a slash ,I am quite sure that you are not going to get
too brutal with it to were you would need aluminum!..:thumbs-up:
It cracked because me and my dad ran into each other at almost full throttle and that's how the bulkhead cracked and I had to get new shock caps but I just got new shocks(Traxxas Big Bore Shocks). My dad with his rustler had to get the aluminum Steering bellcrank. The stock plastic one broke where the turnbuckle for the servo saver went into the bellcrank.
I would probably do RPM as well. Got any pics of the damage?
Since I am not at home I will take a pic tomorrow.

It cracked because me and my dad ran into each other at almost full throttle and that's how the bulkhead cracked and I had to get new shock caps but I just got new shocks(Traxxas Big Bore Shocks). My dad with his rustler had to get the aluminum Steering bellcrank. The stock plastic one broke where the turnbuckle for the servo saver went into the bellcrank.

Since I am not at home I will take a pic tomorrow.

I usually do what you call a split upgrade ,some parts will be aluminum an some parts RPM!
I do shock towers an steering rack aluminum an a-arms RPM!.:thumbs-up:

Between the ones you listed I would go for either the RPM or the STRC if you want aluminum.

I usually do what you call a split upgrade ,some parts will be aluminum an some parts RPM!
I do shock towers an steering rack aluminum an a-arms RPM!.:thumbs-up:
My general rule of thumb is, suspension mounts, shock towers, chassis bracing and depending on the model the hubs should be aluminum, rpm a arms or stock if rpm doesn't make any.

Between the ones you listed I would go for either the RPM or the STRC if you want aluminum.

My general rule of thumb is, suspension mounts, shock towers, chassis bracing and depending on the model the hubs should be aluminum, rpm a arms or stock if rpm doesn't make any.

I did not know aluminum was a rule Bruh!..:rolleyes:

I Love the RPM ARMS.. they are great. Very strong with good flex have them on both my nitro and ele maxx 1/10 or 1/8 who ever you ask.and also my merv.. I really want to try the new cold HD arms from traxxas for my X. I'm not a big fan of aluminum parts. Had aluminum bulkheads in my 2.5 maxx. And broke them as well. Plus adds weight.. and then the break point will change to something else. And maybe more carnage..only aluminum for me are skid plates. And like slick said maybe the shock towers...for more support if your sending the RC. And that's some real good custom metal work.. Well done baker.👍👍👍

I Love the RPM ARMS.. they are great. Very strong with good flex have them on both my nitro and ele maxx 1/10 or 1/8 who ever you ask.and also my merv.. I really want to try the new cold HD arms from traxxas for my X. I'm not a big fan of aluminum parts. Had aluminum bulkheads in my 2.5 maxx. And broke them as well. Plus adds weight.. and then the break point will change to something else. And maybe more carnage..only aluminum for me are skid plates. And like slick said maybe the shock towers...for more support if your sending the RC. And that's some real good custom metal work.. Well done baker.👍👍👍

Yea ,me too ,I use to snap Hardcore parts ,then reverted to fabricating my own skid plates & braces!..👍

Yea ,me too ,I use to snap Hardcore parts ,then reverted to fabricating my own skid plates & braces!..👍
That's a really good idea.. never really thought of maken my own skids.. I got the Tbone racing center plate on my X. And got to say that bad boy is solid.. and is mounted to screw extentions so floats just above the chassis.. so doesn't send shockwaves into it..unlike the others I've found. That replace the center plate this one goes over the whole center of chassis..need to get front a rear ones as well...👍👍
Screenshot_20210809-204157_Chrome.jpg

That's a really good idea.. never really thought of maken my own skids.. I got the Tbone racing center plate on my X. And got to say that bad boy is solid.. and is mounted to screw extentions so floats just above the chassis.. so doesn't send shockwaves into it..unlike the others I've found. That replace the center plate this one goes over the whole center of chassis..need to get front a rear ones as well...👍👍View attachment 130848

The whole scenario depends on what you have an what your doing with it!
In my case ,my truck was an AE Mgt. ,its weak spot was the shock towers & diff cases ,
in which the hinge pin went through the diff cases ,but I crafted a support plate for that!

People dont normally beat the hell out of a slash ,but accidents do happen ,my 4x4 slash ,
the only thing it needed was RPM a-arms ,but I did custom fabricated some aluminum nerf
guards for it!
A SC truck is normally not used for brutal hardcore bashing ,like what an MT would see is
all I was saying!..:thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

I use RPM a arms and bumpers. Across the line up never had any RPM product break on any of them. They are stronger then plastic.. As RPM uses nylon plastic to make their stuff. And with great flex.. it all comes down to what you like and how you drive bud...

"Front Bulkhead for most 1:10 scale Traxxas 2wd Vehicles - RPM R/C Products" https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/...head-for-most-traxxas-110-scale-2wd-vehicles/
"Are Aluminum RC Parts Worth It? (Are Other Parts Better?) – Race N RCs" https://racenrcs.com/are-aluminum-rc-parts-worth-it-are-other-parts-better/

Last edited:
Here is the bulkhead when me and my dad crashed into each other. Somehow it went back into place but I am going to replace the bulkhead anyways. The shock cap just came off but I just got new shocks and aluminum shock caps since the ultra shocks were 5 years old and stock. Going to get the RPM bulkhead and front arms. Also getting new RPM bumpers too.
Screenshot_20210815-115807.png
PXL_20210815_155713903.jpg

Here is the bulkhead when me and my dad crashed into each other. Somehow it went back into place but I am going to replace the bulkhead anyways. The shock cap just came off but I just got new shocks and aluminum shock caps since the ultra shocks were 5 years old and stock. Going to get the RPM bulkhead and front arms. Also getting new RPM bumpers too. View attachment 130904View attachment 130905

The RPM's have a flex to them ,so they absorb any impacts great!..
In time ,stock plastics gets brittle ,so if your model is fairly old ,then
that is what happen ,it is like that on all brands!.. :thumbs-up:

RPM or aluminum either one. If you go aluminum get the SRTC, Hot Racing, or Atomik. Just dont get Integy. Integy doesn't use hardened aluminum. It might be ok for that truck since the stock one has held up pretty well but i wouldnt risk it.

Back