Rival MT10 body options?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noah Zimmerman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Was looking for body options for my mt10. I am thinking that something similar would fit like a stampede, granite or maybe vortex. I really would love the proline baja bug short course body but not sure if it would work. Has anyone swapped bodies on these? I dont see many options.

JConcepts lists its #0298 Ford Ranger as a fit. Dunno. It lists a 9.5in w/b and the MT10comes in at 11.2in. Width at 6in comes in o.k. The MT10 clear body I just painted for my Rival measures 6 3/4in. Checked a few others on the JC website, but no others are listed as a possible for the MT10.

For what its worth, I do have a short course C-10 body that I wanted to make fit. Too wide and too long to my liking. Tried sizing and fitting a couple of ST bodies I had in the shop, including a McAllister Jeep Cherokee. No go. MT10 is its own animal as far as fitting an aftermarket body.

Editorializing a bit here, but with the MT10, thinking AE clung to its successful RC10T roots with the body style. Would have rather seen them go with a conventional flat bed truck body. Below is the JC link if you care to check it out. Cheers. 'AC'

JConcepts Ford Ranger body

Looking to fit the P-L 1/10 1966 Ford F-100 Tough Color Black to the MT10. The body is spec'd for a Stampede. Dimensionally, it checks out o.k. in comparison to the MT10 body. P-L does not say if it comes with [Stampede] body holes already reamed. Wondering if anyone has fit one up or checked the fit? Cheers. 'AC'

[Edit: looking closer at an image of the body, looks like there are no body holes. However, there are what looks like two mounting bosses molded into the rear bed.]

P-L F100

Attachments

• PRO341218_A1_B9UTVO89_PL F100.jpg
    PRO341218_A1_B9UTVO89_PL F100.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 108
  • PRO341218_A0_B9UTVO89_PL F100.jpg
    PRO341218_A0_B9UTVO89_PL F100.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Hey Noah, the P-L 1966 Ford fits a.o.k. Got it cut out and test fit to the MT10 chassis.

The chassis you are looking at is my MT10 (mod) with extended FR body mount posts. Rear body mounts are standard MT10 at full up extension. On a MT10 (stock), you'll need to drop the wheelie bar to its lowest position to fit the body, or cut the tailgate for clearance. Wheelbase on the body is 10.1in (257mm).

Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'

Attachments

• S6304500_resize RCT.JPG
    S6304500_resize RCT.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 339
  • S6304501_resize RCT.JPG
    S6304501_resize RCT.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 328
Hey Noah, the P-L 1966 Ford fits a.o.k. Got it cut out and test fit to the MT10 chassis.

The chassis you are looking at is my MT10 (mod) with extended FR body mount posts. Rear body mounts are standard MT10 at full up extension. On a MT10 (stock), you'll need to drop the wheelie bar to its lowest position to fit the body, or cut the tailgate for clearance. Wheelbase on the body is 10.1in (257mm).

Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'
Where did you get extended body mounts for your MT10?

Hey bambam, welcome to the forum.

Regarding extended body posts. Used DuraTrax brand. Pushed them up through the bottom and secured them at the lowest hole with a body clip. Then set the collars at an extended height. Hope the attached image helps.

That was when the MT10 was running as a monster truck. They needed the extra clearance. Since dropped the body back down for drag racing using standard AE body mounts at full extension. Hope this helps. 'AC'

[Edit: later installed a spreader bar on them for stability. Used that for a while using two sets of collars. One below and one above to locate the spreader bar.]

20220608_152323_forum resize.jpg

20221212_160433_forum resize.jpg

Last edited: