Revo diff problems please help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revo123xxx

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Haven't done very much diff work in the past and it was functioning before i took it apart of course and if i keep it dry it spins freely but when i put 60k in it it become so stiff i can barely turn one side is this normal? All of the shims and gears are in properly and i don't believe it's over tightened. Please let me know your opinions thanks

Okay i was unsure if that was the case I'll put it back together tomorrow and get back with the results thank you

okay I've put it back together now with 60k and now I'm going to do the rear. Should i go 60k or 30k in the rear and why?

I use silicone diff lube with 2.5 million cst on my TMaxx 3.3 tranny with revo internals. This stuff goes beyond what you're using and has so far proven its worth using a OS21TM motor. I'm currently using a AB Modded OS21TM and my diffs are dialed in with this setup. Just to give you an idea how thick it is imagine the silicone sealant used for windows. When it's a little halfway cured and dry that's the viscosity of the diff lube I'm using.

okay I've put it back together now with 60k and now I'm going to do the rear. Should i go 60k or 30k in the rear and why?
Depends on what your doing. Racing or bashing? 60k in both for bashing, 100k would probably have been better for that. 60/30 for racing probably would work ok. Gives you better steering. For bashing, you usually just want the power to get to the ground, even when high centered on something, so a higher oil helps do that. But you do sacrifice some turning radius.

I use silicone diff lube with 2.5 million cst on my TMaxx 3.3 tranny with revo internals. This stuff goes beyond what you're using and has so far proven its worth using a OS21TM motor. I'm currently using a AB Modded OS21TM and my diffs are dialed in with this setup. Just to give you an idea how thick it is imagine the silicone sealant used for windows. When it's a little halfway cured and dry that's the viscosity of the diff lube I'm using.
The 2-gear diffs traxxas uses leaves a lot of room for the oil to move around, so they take higher weight oil than a typical 4 gear 1/8th setup. I noticed that as well. I run 50k in my savage and the same in my revo's. The diff action is much lighter in the revo's. Wish I had 100k at the time.

Back