Revo 5310 Rebuild/Refresh?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drivinggun

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
As suggested by user cbaker65 (to log and post the rebuild)I am beginning my complete disassembly and rebuild of my truck that has sat in an open carport for about 3 years, as I start I will take pictures and post here when I can. As you can see it is Dirty / Nasty....I have ordered RPM Control Arms for the front and replacement Pivot ball caps and boots for the front and rear, once disassembled I will order what ever else I deem needed....wish me luck!

IMG_20190908_092424078_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190913_090641852.jpg
IMG_20190913_090649510.jpg
IMG_20190913_091849002.jpg

As suggested by user cbaker65 (to log and post the rebuild)I am beginning my complete disassembly and rebuild of my truck that has sat in an open carport for about 3 years, as I start I will take pictures and post here when I can. As you can see it is Dirty / Nasty....I have ordered RPM Control Arms for the front and replacement Pivot ball caps and boots for the front and rear, once disassembled I will order what ever else I deem needed....wish me luck!View attachment 119699View attachment 119700View attachment 119701View attachment 119702

I am glad that I took pics of my Baja rebuild ,it helped me big time on certain areas in assembly on how it goes
back together ,especially the brakes ,with a lot of shims & spacers ,I was able to go back an see the pics!

Today's progress....

Attachments

• IMG_20190914_130804696.jpg
    IMG_20190914_130804696.jpg
    361.3 KB · Views: 161
Today's progress......I have removed about a pound of dirt already, should go even faster when I am done, waiting for parts to show up before I go any more into the rest of the tear-down.

IMG_20190915_124954205.jpg

I have all of the parts I should need for now except the driveshaft boots, those will be here tomorrow, So here is to hoping I can have it back together and running this coming weekend....yes I update a lot I no longer work due to disability so when I have good days I do what I can.

I have all of the parts I should need for now except the driveshaft boots, those will be here tomorrow, So here is to hoping I can have it back together and running this coming weekend....yes I update a lot I no longer work due to disability so when I have good days I do what I can.
nothing like some good old rc-project-therapy! liking the visual progress of this so far! starting a build thread is very very helpful when it comes to doing what you are. so glad i did one with my MGT builds, kicking myself for not doing one with the newest addition to the collection. helps you re-read back to why you did certain things etc.

Check for cracks around the engine bay area. Since your that far down. Might be a good time to find the M2C engine bay brace as well and get a spring mounted header instead of the bolted on one that breaks when you look at it funny.

I never ran the LT suspension on any of my revo's. Always ran P2's. Probably because I also only ever ran RPM arms/carriers which don't like LT's.

Sure looks nice and clean compared to the first photos!

Too cold outside to work today, but I was able to put this much together...

IMG_20190918_150216777_HDR.jpg

I see that you found some RPM stuff ,how do you like them so far?
FWIW, that's all I ran on all my revo's until I got the v2.0. I wasn't able to transfer over my true-track and front arms/carriers as they don't fit it. I have the same on both my nitro revo's. I won't even run a pre-2.0 revo without RPM arms/carriers. Just isn't worth the 10 minutes the stock parts last for me to fuss with it again.

I'd get the truetrack again for the 2.0, but RPM isn't intending on making it. Guess they didn't sell many units for the previous revos... no clue why as they hold up 10 times better than stock and does away with 2 tie rods to boot.

I see that you found some RPM stuff ,how do you like them so far?
I like the feel of the product, I can wait to see how it performs when back together....should be able to do some more assembly today. Will post an update if i do.

Check for cracks around the engine bay area. Since your that far down. Might be a good time to find the M2C engine bay brace as well and get a spring mounted header instead of the bolted on one that breaks when you look at it funny.

I never ran the LT suspension on any of my revo's. Always ran P2's. Probably because I also only ever ran RPM arms/carriers which don't like LT's.

Sure looks nice and clean compared to the first photos!
RPM doesn't like the Long Travel? (can you elaborate) Does that mean I need to install the other ones I have in a package?

Last edited:
RPM doesn't like the Long Travel? (can you elaborate) Does that mean I need to install the other ones I have in a package?
I'm pretty sure the RPM axle carriers don't work with the long travel rockers as they articulate too far and cause the pivot balls to pull through the back of the carriers frequently.

Even with the P2 rockers/rods, I had to use at least the middle hole in the arms because if I used the closest to center hole (tallest setting), the arms would extend too far when crashing and I'd frequently pull the pivot ball through the carrier on the fronts.

I'm pretty sure the RPM axle carriers don't work with the long travel rockers as they articulate too far and cause the pivot balls to pull through the back of the carriers frequently.

Even with the P2 rockers/rods, I had to use at least the middle hole in the arms because if I used the closest to center hole (tallest setting), the arms would extend too far when crashing and I'd frequently pull the pivot ball through the carrier on the fronts.
Thanks, I have assembled some of the front but have not completed it, I will have to remember to keep an eye on any and all interference as it goes together.

I will be disassembling these tomorrow... I am looking for any input as to what is the best setting to put back together I have green, silver , blue and white springs along with LT rockers and a set of P1s. We do some jumping, crashing etc (grass with hills and a concrete skate park). but also have fun on the pavement. Thank you in advance for all of your input and suggestions.

My wife is taking me to my local hobby store today(I can't get there on my own)......here is to hoping I find some cool stuff....?.....and get this thing back together and running again.

All together now but both engines that I have do not run properly....:-(

Back