Returning NOOB

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nichocha33

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I used to race and bash rc about 8-10yrs ago and would like to get back in. I used to run a t-maxx .15 and race an rc10gt. I'm now wanting to try buggies but as you can tell have been out of the game for awhile. I'm looking at either Ofna or Team Associated buggies. Should I buy an rtr and upgrade parts once I decide that i for sure want to race again?, what kit do you prefer?, or any other kit i didnt list?. What motors are king now? I'm open to all suggestions I just dont feel I want to buy a kit and drop a grand into a kit only to find out I'm not ready to get back in. Hit me with any info or suggestions or words of advice you care to share.

Thanks
Chad

Go on eBay, search lumadave35 and buy hyper 7 parts and build one, or the RTR for $300 with an Axial28RR

sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Or an LX2. Both are great buggies and very durable.

What else is needed to be upgraded besides the power plant? Ill take a rtr knowing i can drop and 200-400 in upgrades and be competitive if I decide to start rubbin body panels again

The carbon fiber towers, and bigger (17mm) shocks like 8ight shocks, or some from nitrorcx. RC8B bodys fit on it. I have the Jconcepts punisher on mine with a pro line down force wing...I'd buy some tires from suprasales on eBay, ones similar to the caliber or badlands. The mohawks are beast. And look into 2.4ghz radio's from hobbypartz.com $35 for a 3ch digital 2.4ghz radio with 10 model memory ( fs-gt3B )

Back