Has Anyone Converted XB8 22 Nitro to E Buggy .......Yet ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennettironman

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hey Up Everyone,

I have a XRay XB8 22" and recently i have been thinking the unthinkable should i convert to E Buggy ....I have been racing my 1/10th indoor Buggy and its so much easier to race and maintain....this is whats throwing the question up,,,,...so i have had a search about and you can buy the converstion kits,,,but do i need a different chassis plate.
some say not some say yes.

Is their a complete kit that i can look into to do the conversion over the winter ...
has anyone had any experience of the conversion ?

Hope so .....Thanks for reading

Bennett Ironman

Most brands have too many parts that are different making it VERY expensive to do the conversion, yes doable but highly impractical, you'll do much better selling the nitro chassis and buying a used electric roller chassis.

Maybe buy the electric roller chassis first and swap out any parts that may be in better shape from your nitro buggy before selling it ;)

Last edited:
Anything is possible and just make the plate work. My experience is if you put ur mind to it, it can happen

Go for electric. I convert from nitro to electric myself in these days. Very good.

I’m looking to do the same, I have an old nitro buggy and just haven’t touched it in 12yrs, I also found an old 4wd /4ws chain drive that I want to rebuild, it’s just been so long,,

Back