Restoration Project #5 - Kyosho V-One S III

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, you are making me want to get one, but I am using my Traxxas nitros less and less these days, might even consider selling them off.
Isnt there a Losi carb that is really good, but much cheaper?

As I said, TRX carb is ok at best, but it just doesn't allow for fine tune idling, because idle gap cannot be made smaller than lets say 0.6-0.5, it reaches 0.5 then idle screw starts coming out, but idle gap stays the same, therefore you have to have a too rich LSN in order to compensate for large idle gap.

On the other hand, the beautiful Kyosho carb, allows for much smaller idle gap, my Kyosho S3 idle gap (video above) is prob around 0.2mm, nothing wrong with that.
HPI carb is also good, and I could fine tune the idle well.

You able to post a video of that TRX idling with your new OS carb?

Isnt there a Losi carb that is really good, but much cheaper?
I don't have experience with it personally, but I've seen the opinion circulated that the Losi 3.4 carb is better. It's as unavailable as new 3.4 engines though, I've only gotten into nitros in the past year and I haven't seen one for sale yet.

You able to post a video of that TRX idling with your new OS carb?

Definitely will next week, it's been part of a larger rebuild that's one more package away from completion. Shims, can't live without 'em.

It is gorgeous ,the tune is dialed ,you did a great job!...😍:thumbs-up::cool:
Thank you

The S3 is finally complete, I received the FW-06 bumper mount yesterday, which I modified to fit on S3. Also used HSP foam bumper.
Was great, bringing it back from the dead!

I thought I was seeing things for weeks, but now I am sure.
The cooling head on this engine changes color as the temps increases.
When its cold, its blue, as it reaches around 100C it goes purple....wow

Anyone else ever seen this?

Back