Repairing boat damage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good ,now you can go with the color scheme you want!
But you could have incorporated a color with what you had!....Maybe
a flame off the tip of the sponons!...:D

That's funny you say that because the colors I chose were yellow and purple. The boat was already yellow!
Hahaha oh well..
I'm still debating on the type of border I want between the two colors.
The front will be yellow and the rear will be metallic purple.

Looking good ,now you can go with the color scheme you want!
But you could have incorporated a color with what you had!....Maybe
a flame off the tip of the sponons!...:D
Good idea! Now I'm thinking it could go from the yellow into a border shaped like flames and then into the purple.
I'm a terrible artist but I'm gonna try something cool.
I appreciate the suggestions

Last edited:
Great job, that's one thing I never had patients for is bodywork

I'd say the boat looks "light".
image-jpeg.jpg

Promise me if you turn that fan on while you're painting, you take a vid!!! The yellow and purple look good already... Stripping it and starting over was not wasted effort imo. The only way to make sure everything is 100%!

The image in my head was priceless! I am looking forward to seeing this done. Its such a cool boat!

I did my boat that way,but I started with the white at the front then merged with blue ,yellow,orange ,then
red at the back.with the over spray on each color.

Its looking good!...:thumbs-up:

I was thinking about adding black to the front.
I have a better idea for the rear find and wing.

@Kris407 you're doing great work on this project. I have a feeling that boat is going to look better than new when it's done.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
This is the new strut/prop setup I am experimenting with on the Hydros.
I moved the prop back about an inch and a half and it's behind the rudder so I'm very curious to see the effect of that in particular.
The red boat has the original strut setup and the yellow boat has my creation.

It would seem at the very least, you're not limited to a particular diameter prop any more (on yellow) that's gotta help. I wanna see it goooooooo!!!

I'm waiting on a drive dog for the prop on the yellow boat with the new strut and the red one is going out this weekend.

Forgive my lack of knowledge here, what is a drive dog? Def looking forward to some vids of the red boat!

Back