Removing old loctite.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

militarymaxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
What's good for removing old loctite (blue) from around screws ? I already have them removed from the truck, I just want to clean off the coating that is left behind. Is there something I can soak them in ?

Hair dryer. should heat it up enough to liquify it or soften it up enough to unscrew.

He said he got the screws out of the truck. You could use a dremel with the plastic bristle brush and clean it off. It wont harm the finish either.

just use a cigerette lighter for a couple of secs to warm it up. it should just flake of though :shrug:

G unit

Well I still heat em up and then use a rag and clean them. I heat them up and then squeeze the screw with a rag and then spin the screw. If you are really anal, go ahead and use a dremel with a brush attachment and lightly scrape the locite off.

You can get some of those cheap $.99 acid brushes and cut the bristles down to about 1/4 to 1/8 inch and it makes them a little stiff so you can brush them off and get in the threads. If you don't have a dremel, that is.

K, Thanks. Looks like a little heat and a little elbow grease is what I need.