Removing Anodizing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyMaxx

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
After trying to find information on this site, I compiled some of what I found and produced...

CLICK THIS

Thanks goes to NC Nitro for information that made this possible. Some thanks goes to NitroAddict for using a thread title that made sense and allowed the search engine to lead me to NC Nitro's information.

That's a great tip for those that don't have a sandblaster on hand! I will definitely print that out and stick it in my "how to's" folder for my R/C's

You could have asked me there buddy, that's a trick I learned years and years ago. Easy Off also works well for removing the gunk assosiated with firing heavy weapons.

Nice job on the how to :thumbup: I hate mismatched colores on my rcs, I don't even like mismatched shades of the same color, plus I really like the natural look, so easy off has been a great tool for me. I like your towers much better in natural than in green.

I like using Red Devil Lye. All you have to do is dip the part in the water and Red Devil solution once for a great chrome look. Bigger parts may take a couple of times.

Originally posted by El Pirata
You could have asked me there buddy, that's a trick I learned years and years ago. Easy Off also works well for removing the gunk assosiated with firing heavy weapons.

Noted on the heavy weapons. As for asking you, if you were around more and not off playing with all of those freaking buggies, I might have asked you. Besides with the color schemes you run, how was I supposed to know that you might have such knowledge? :D

Originally posted by NCNitro
Nice job on the how to :thumbup: I hate mismatched colores on my rcs, I don't even like mismatched shades of the same color, plus I really like the natural look, so easy off has been a great tool for me. I like your towers much better in natural than in green.

Thanks. The how-to sprang from my frustration on trying to run down the information. Figured this would save someone else the frustration. Thank you for replying to NitroAddict with great information.

wow, awesome. Don't get me wrong, for people that want to remove anodizing, that's a great tip, but I just like green so it may jus be me:shrug: Great tip though!:cheerful:

I like green, but the T-Maxx was running with red, green, blue, and natural mixed with black parts. In fact, for my bashers I don't really care what color the part is as long as it does the job, but for trying to sell it...it looked kind of bad. The green and red parts (since they were fewer in number) got stripped.

oic, my maxx theme is red/blue/chrome. ballons-red, pipe, springs, bulks-chrome, chassis, head, header-blue.

You can also use Drano Crystals to remove anodizing.I read about it at the Trilordy webpage.Basically you need 1tbls of Drano Crystals for every cup of water.I tried it one some parts from my Savage and it works wonders! It only takes about 10-20 seconds to strip a farely large piece and even less time for smaller parts.Once everything is done you just rinse it throughly and use some steel wool to get that semi-shiny raw finish.

Back