Redcat vehicles?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdog325

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
How durable are the redcat vehicles? Are they good quality? Thnx

They aren't really that good a quality, hence the low price. You're better off saving some money and buying better-known and supported brand like Associated, Losi, Traxxas, Axial, Durango, etc.

The best thing is to see what brands your local hobby shop (lhs) carries parts for in stock and go from there.

+1 for hamz, great advice

+1 on saving up and buying a better quality vehicle. To me it doesn't matter what the lhs carries because you can get your parts online, almost always cheaper too.

I have had good and bad with redcat. Their nitro 3.0 series are great but the 1/10th scale stuff is made cheap and almost always use the same stuff. The LHS that I worked at carries them and I fixed a few each week but that doesn't mean they are less quality. I do agree with going with what your LHS has no matter the brand. I wanted Durango for my SC but ended up going AE because of parts support. Just my 2¢

My redcat is the biggest waste of money I have. There customer support is also a joke. Save your money and buy something with some quality. Shaun

This topic is so over posted its rediculous!! A simple search will eliminate multiple posts on the same sorry excuse for an RC... I have never heard good about them at all in ANY aspect!!

Id rather have a rig 100% decked out in Team Integy then EVER consider flushing my money down the sh***er with a Redcat product!!

Read this thread on the exact same issue....
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108515