Redcat thunder drift

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taugy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I have a redcat thunder drift, I was wondering if anyone that has one has tried removing the belt for the front wheels, does that make it better for drifting or will it just make it slide with no control?

In my experience, converting a 4WD car to RWD results in uncontrollable fishtailing.

Rear-wheel drive drift cars are relatively rear-heavy. 4WD cars tend to be pretty close to 50/50, and rarely go beyond 40/60 front/rear, while a RWD car could be 30/70 or even 20/80 with its weight distribution.

In my experience, converting a 4WD car to RWD results in uncontrollable fishtailing.

Rear-wheel drive drift cars are relatively rear-heavy. 4WD cars tend to be pretty close to 50/50, and rarely go beyond 40/60 front/rear, while a RWD car could be 30/70 or even 20/80 with its weight distribution.
Gotcha, I figured it’d be like that I just thought I’d ask before I did all the work, thank you so much!