Redcat Shockwave Project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watertrucker

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I picked up Shockwave just to screw around with. I wanted a cheapie to modify and bash without caring too much what happens to it. So I made it the victim of my 1st painting attempt. Here's a couple pics. Not quite done yet. Still want to paint shock towers and caps. Not sure about graphics yet.

I'm not sure if it's the pic, the body or what, but the car doesn't look right to me. Like the proportions look off. Are the tires and wheels smaller on that? What are the physical dimensions of that car? It could just be my phone... Its possessed tonight! Has done just about everything except what I want it to do. Anyways... Yeah, if you get a chance to post that info, I'm curious to know. Good luck with the beatings!:stick: :hehe:

Thanks Mike for the reply. Just your average Shockwave. Took the pic with my phone, lighting wasn't great. Been so busy at work that I haven't had a chance to break it in yet. Hopefully this weekend. Really looking forward to it.

Gotcha. Yeah, my phone has been REAL funky tonight too! I believe it's likely possessed!
Def have fun with it! Get some video clips of you can! I'd love to see it running and to see what craziness you build into it... And what gets blown out of it!!! :naughty:

Broke in the Shockwave this morning. Went smooth. Took a little bit to get the carb dialed in but wasn't bad. For the price, it's good. Will be fun bashing this one. Will try to shoot some video and post.

image.jpeg
I tried to clear coat the body she'll I painted but that didn't work out. Wrinkled the paint. So I cheated and got another body shell. I am surprised though how great it runs! Wasn't really expecting that. Handles great and has good power. Best $159 I ever spent.

I picked it up on eBay . Free shipping too.

Those made a world of difference! How much did those wheels cost? Was it a tire and wheel mounted set? Just so I don't assume, 12mm he's?

Thanks Mike! They are a tire wheel mounted set. Picked them up on eBay for $28 bucks. They use a 12 mm hex so it's easy to swap wheels around.

Back