Redcat shockwave ridiculous engine swap

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson-redcat shockwave

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a redcat shockwave with a vx.16, and i found it to be underpowered, so I went and got a ZR.32. It is not delivered yet and I want to know what else i need to get to make this engine swap work. I dont care how overpowered this will be, I just want it to work. I also have a 2 speed steel transmission to handle the power so if anybody knows what clutch and flywheel i would need that would be helpful. I am trying to keep the cost down, and already ordered a rear mount exhaust and bigger tires.

you're going to need a big block engine mount (good luck finding one for that kit) and Buku makes good clutches. you're only really problem is going to be the engine mount cuz a .32 is a bigblock and a .16 is a small block.

you're going to need a big block engine mount (good luck finding one for that kit) and Buku makes good clutches. you're only really problem is going to be the engine mount cuz a .32 is a bigblock and a .16 is a small block.
What is the distance between screws for the engine mount on a big block, my mounts have 3 holes and the .16 uses the more narrow holes, these are the ones i have https://www.amazon.com/Redcat-Racing-Engine-Mounts-Screw/dp/B009JMUNOI would these by chance work

the drivetrain will not hold for a half tank of fuel if that even. i put a hyper 21 8 port with mediocre compression and first tank, sheared a couple outdrive pins, then a spur, modded a metal spur, front diff grenaded, etc etc. I highly recommend picking up a cheap roller that can hang with that 32 bro

I just picked up this roller for 100 dollars, does anybody know what it is so i can find the parts that it is missing?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 57
I just picked up this roller for 100 dollars, does anybody know what it is so i can find the parts that it is missing?
Duratrax Axis an ideal donor!
I can help out with everything you could ever need for it, and then some...

Duratrax Axis an ideal donor!
I can help out with everything you could ever need for it, and then some...
Okay, just wondering if these use the same size servos as a 1/10, and where could i find a axis fuel tank? And would the carb be able to change directions on the big block to have the linkage on the right side?

Last edited: