1RC Asphalt Modified Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serea71

RCTalk Champion
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Scale Builder
I built this car about a month ago, but fortunately I took some photos. The Nascar Whelen Modified Tour is a series I always enjoyed watching especially when they visit New Hampshire Motor Speedway, so when 1RC released the Asphalt Mods a couple months ago, I was super excited. The first thing I did was tear it down and replaced the stock gray rear axle housing, radius arms, and tie rods with the black ones that 1RC also makes. Next, I removed the stock plastic shock bodies, and replaced those with the aluminum silver ones. I also bought the short spring set to lower the ride height. After that, I installed a Trackmaster transponder for the track at my LHS. Finally, I removed the stock black wheels/tires, and replaced those with the chrome wheels and used custom black wheel nuts. The tires also have a softer compound than the stock tires. I also did some minor detail work to the driver sitting in the car. Next was in my opinion the hardest part. The car came in black which was the color I wanted anyways so I didn't have to worry about paint. However, I spent an entire day making decals. Fortunately I have a machine that makes die-cut decals from vinyl. I made the numbers, silver air cleaner cover, Whelen banner, Snap-on & Realtree logos, and the Chevy bowtie which the image files I had downloaded. Teal and black are my favorite colors and I'm a huge fan of Snap-On tools and Realtree camo which made picking "sponsors" easy. The "white" I chose is actually a reflective white that you see on like safety signs and such and I'm glad I chose that route because it REALLY made everything pop. Weeding out all those vinyl decals took a full day just by how small they are. The rest of all the little sponsors I printed out on white printable vinyl, but I had to cut those out my hand. It was a daunting task, it took me about 3 hours just to cut those out, but it was worth it. I even made a K&N logo for the air cleaner! Lastly, I cut a piece of screen mesh for the left side of the "windshield" just like the real cars have and attached it with servo tape, and then attached the exhaust pipes (attached with screws) to the body, the body to the chassis, and then attached the bumpers and nerf bars and it was done! This took about 4 days for me to build from start to finish, but the final results was well worth it. :)

IMG_2476.jpg
IMG_2478.jpg
IMG_2479.jpg
IMG_2480.jpg
IMG_2487.jpg
IMG_2488.jpg
IMG_2489.jpg
IMG_2490.jpg
IMG_2491.jpg
IMG_2492.jpg

Gorgeous car! One helluva job on this one. What RC is this? I see you said it has a lot of 1RC stuff on it, but what did it start out as? Cool car man. I love it!

Beautiful car, one of our favorite classes at Meridian Speedway in Idaho when we go. The other favorites is the Winged Sprints.

Gorgeous car! One helluva job on this one. What RC is this? I see you said it has a lot of 1RC stuff on it, but what did it start out as? Cool car man. I love it!
This started out just as a stock 1RC Asphalt Modified RTR. 1RC also make optional stuff and upgrades and I bought the upgrades such as the aluminum shock bodies, short springs, chrome wheels, etc. to make it more durable and customize it and such. Glad you like it!

Back