redcat racing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxman58

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
What do you guys think of redcat rcaing? i think they are amazing.

I think they aren't quite ready for prime-time. Not enough aftermarket products and the quality isn't quite there.

While not horrible they do still hav alot of bugs to work out of theyre rigs quality wise. My brother in law has thier SCT. Drivetrain is excellent but hes on his 2nd tube of JB weld on his suspension components as our LHS doesn't stock anything and nes to impatient to wait for ebay

Well they dont cost much but as the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for" which in their case is low quality and typically little to no LHS support.

I think they are amazing.

Somebody get the ban stick out, we have a situation! haha just messin, I wont ever own a redcat, heard nothing but bad and their products are childish to me, just my .02

I would stay with name brands i.e Traxxas, HPI, AE, etc.

Hey man don't let people rain on your parade dude. We are gald to have you in the hobby despite what brand RC you prefer. I agree with hamz they aren't quit there as compared to Traxxas or HPI but they aren't as established yet. I bet given a few years to grow they could become as such. I have seen some there riggs and they look impressive. Bottom line is if you like it, enjoy it and believe in the product that's all that really matters.

Ok Redcat DOES make a pretty decent 1/5 scale gasser product. They are pretty tough and can take a beating. However if you are talking about smaller than the 1/5...IE 1/10 nitro buggies..ehh...not so much for my taste. Traxxasmax all the parts in that link are mostly the large scale stuff. But also who makes them? No idea here. They are not a real main stream company so not many major aftermarket companies make parts for them.

I'm open to all brands i got a few traxxas and 2 redcats used to have hpi but sold it. Redcat is a small online brand that has been growing. and dont forget traxxas used to be where redcat is at.

Yes true but Redcat has been around for around 7 years or so but their quality in the nitros has not followed like most companies do. By the time Traxxas and Hpi had been around that long they were a major contender

Read some reveiws. Do some research. Five folks break part after part, while one will chime in that's happy. Your pride far out weighs your knoweledge. I'll chime in on every redcat post to keep folks from wasting their hard earned cash.

Dont buy redcrap they have junk parts and the parts are hard to find. I wasted hundreds on a 160$ car and I thought it was normal until I bought my first traxxas. After that there was no comparing them. The redcat was breaking every run or two and my revo and slash have only broken 30$ in parts over a 6 month period.The price looks nice but it will cost you alot of time and money so if you like to work on your rig ever night and wait a week for parts buy the redcrap but i would recemend buying traxxas ,losi, assoc,hpi or mungen.I hope this helps? DONT DO IT!!!!!!!

Gonna throw in my two cents worth here. Nothing wrong with Redcat! On any given day you are either going to break something or your not. If you aren't breaking you aren't having fun (and you are letting your rigs collect dust like Rolex). Run what you like and you can't go wrong.

For the record: I have broken something on every one of my rigs. My most often broken rig is my Losi LST. I dare anyone here to tell me its a cheap rig!

Last edited:
I run nothing but exceed at this point in time. all my cars jump from gutter guards @ my grandparents' house, and I've broken a total of 2 parts. 1 front bumper of an exceed rally monster, and 1 stub axle of an exceed blaze. with the stub axle, if it hadn't broken, the wheel would have.

You are very lucky then, LGA. Most of the Exceed products that I've heard about snap parts if you look at them wrong.

Havent heard much + about either exceed or redcat. Personally I would go with what my LHS has the most of which now a days is probably a traxxas product. You can find parts for anything online but if your in a bind and need something right away you may wanna make sure you have a car/truck that your LHS supports. I bought a 8ight T and its a GREAT truck but my LHS doesn't stock hardly any Losi product so when I break something (which happens frequently) I'm on the sidelines until I get my order from online shopping. Just my .02