Redcat Racing Everest GEN7 Pro 1/10 4WD RTR Scale Rock Crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel C

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I am looking to get a replacement battery for a

Redcat Racing Everest GEN7 Pro 1/10 4WD RTR Scale Rock Crawler​

1. Redcat Racing Everest GEN7 Pro 1/10 4WD RTR Scale Rock Crawler

2. What is the largest voltage and mAh battery I can go with in this?`

If you have the stock esc in it then I would look at your manual and set the jumpers up for Lipo and run 2s. If you don't have experience with Lipo then I highly recommend you reading up on them. Lipo is the only way to go.
You will love the difference you will get with the Lipo.
The Gen 7 is an awesome rig and lots of aftermarket parts for it. I run Holmes Hobbies Trail Master motors with a Hobbywing 1080 and use a program card'
You would have to change the connectors for sure unless you go with the Redcat Lipo batteries. They are banana connectors I think is what they call them.
Go here if you want to stay with Redcat. Personally, I think there NiMH batteries are week and don't last long.

Here is mine...

IMG_1241.JPG

Last edited:
I am really impressed with this truck; she crawls pretty damn sweet and thank you..

I am looking to get a replacement battery for a

Redcat Racing Everest GEN7 Pro 1/10 4WD RTR Scale Rock Crawler​

What is the largest voltage and mAh battery I can go with in this?`
If you want to stick with NIMH batteries, almost any decent battery, 3000MAH and above will work. You can find them at any hobby shop (in store and online), Amazon, eBay, Walmart, as well as many other places. To stay with the stock connectors, just look for a NIMH with 4MM banana connectors. If you want to go Lipo, as stated by @Tunedpipe, start by learning about them first, and then look for a 7.4V, 2S Lipo. The higher the MAH rating, whether for NIMH or Lipo, the longer the run time will be. For NIMH, i think the highest you can go is in the 5000MAH range, but, for Lipo, you can go as high as 7000-8000MAH. The first thing to do is check the max dimensions of the battery tray, and then check the specs on whatever battery, NIMH or Lipo, and, as long as it will fit the battery tray, it will work with it. I run ZEEE 7200MAH 2S Lipos in mine (disclaimer: i have only had mine about two weeks, but, i went with Lipo right from the start. I never use NIMH batteries anymore).

Thanks I decided to go with the 7.4 2s. I bought a 5200mAh and a 6200mAh. I installed a set of rock lizard tires on the truck and with the extra power I can't keep rear drive shafts in it. Go figure. Thanks for the advice have a good onem

I just got one of these, and the steering seems minimal ? I though I read somewhere that the steering horn could be changed to improve, but now I can not find it, any ideas on this ?

Back