Redcat blacout sc pro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyro0328

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I recently got into this hobby, I was gifted a redcat blackout sc pro from a friend. I have rounded off the hex. I fear this is going to happen again. I ordered some metal ones from Amazon but the diameter of the hex was to small to fit the axle. Does anyone know what the diameter is or recommend any hex hubs for this rc.

Not sure, but a cheap set of digital calipers come in real handy in this hobby.

I recently got into this hobby, I was gifted a redcat blackout sc pro from a friend. I have rounded off the hex. I fear this is going to happen again. I ordered some metal ones from Amazon but the diameter of the hex was to small to fit the axle. Does anyone know what the diameter is or recommend any hex hubs for this rc.
Download the user manual for that rig and find the part number for the stock part in the exploded views. Then google search that part number. Sometimes you can find the info that way.

do you own a drill index? find the old hex use index then take drill and try to step hole up to that matching drill size.
then you can know what axel size is ..

Last edited:
Are you referring to the wheel hex? If so it's 12mm.
20230303_223550.jpg
20230303_223558.jpg
Screenshot_20230303_223659_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

You can download the manual with the exploded views/parts list here.

https://www.redcatracing.com/produc...ric-short-course-truck?variant=31050558832730

He needs to know the axle diameter, or some aluminum 12mm hexes that will work. The ones he bought don't fit over the axle.

The axel is 4mm. The hex is 12mm x 12mm. I do not believe they make a metal one of these that's compatible. Either get more plastic ones, which are cheap, or upgrade to a better brand like Arrma or Traxxas. Sorry, I tried. 🤷‍♂️ Good luck.

If it were me, I'd just do as tnt said and drill out the already purchased hexes to fit the axle. But I am sure there are 12mm hexes out there with a 4mm hole that would work. But these are a weird hub. What is the area behind the hex for?

the axel shaft he knows its the hex is 12mm.

the axel shaft he knows its the hex is 12mm.
He said the diameter of the hexes was too small to fit the axle, so I assumed he meant the inner diameter of the hexes. But yeah, it could be taken the other way I suppose 🤷‍♂️

If the pro has the same diameter axle as the brushed model I got these for one of my lightning cars but should also work.

Back