Receiver Box for my truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LosiFan143

RCTalk Basher
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a Losi Tenacity TT Pro and it comes with a Spektrum AVC receiver. Currently it’s exposed to the front right wheel and is getting a lot of dirt thrown at it. I really want to move it to right in front of the motor in a receiver box. What receiver box should I get? I’m interested in the RPM Receiver Box but I dont want to have to drill into the chassis. Could I just servo tape it down? Please let me know your thoughts.

I mean, that receiver box could work. I use 3M double sided tape and servo tape to keep my esc's down, so with the receiver it should work. I even use it on the receiver in the receiver box on my bashers. There is plenty of space between the servo and the motor so that isn't an issue.
Screenshot 2023-05-30 9.23.44 AM.png

You can always just not use the receiver box and just tape the receiver on the chassis between the servo and the motor. Motor has a gear cover so thats good. Just watch out for the outdrives.

On my buggy, I have my receiver exposed near the servo and battery. I run on carpet most of the time so not a problem. Some times on clay but clay doesn't really get any dirt in / on the chassis. One time, my esc wire got caught up in the center diff outdrive. Had to take it to my LHS to get it back all soldered up since me/my uncle can't work on small wires like that.
PXL_20230412_230711956.jpg

My receiver has blue 3M tape around it to secure the wires. And what I do is wrap the antenna up and tape it to the top of the receiver.
PXL_20230412_230659420.jpg

Last edited:
FYI for install: Spektrum recommends a firm mounting to function properly. Any receiver movement on the chassis will affect AVC operation. Were it me and you want to continue using AVC, I'd go with a bolt-down receiver box and double-side tape the receiver with 20lb min tape. Double-taping both the receiver box and the receiver doubles the chances for receiver movement and AVC mis-direction.

Download the Manuals & Support for specific mounting instructions. Link below. Good luck. Hope this helps. Cheers. 'AC'

[Edit the original post is not what the manual SPECIFICALLY states. Regret any mis-direct.//AC

Spektrum AVC Rcvr

Last edited:
Double sided tape and you'll be fine. I had recently used some clear 15lb Gorilla double sided mounting tape for my receiver box.
1685464555389.png

That Gorilla stuff holds/sticks real well. It's pretty darn thick too. For the past month, the mounting tape/receiver box has been surviving the typical tumbles/cartwheels/mishaps of off-road RCing. My backup plan is always E6000.

@RustyUs When I was at the track once, my esc flew out. Well still staying in the chassis because of the motor wires. Someone had gorilla tape and I used it. Pretty strong tape. I plan to get some. Right now, the 3M double sided tape and the protek servo tape is what I use. Ill grab some Gorilla tape when I run out.

I have a Losi Tenacity TT Pro and it comes with a Spektrum AVC receiver. Currently it’s exposed to the front right wheel and is getting a lot of dirt thrown at it. I really want to move it to right in front of the motor in a receiver box. What receiver box should I get? I’m interested in the RPM Receiver Box but I dont want to have to drill into the chassis. Could I just servo tape it down? Please let me know your thoughts.
That receiver box looks great. Why didn't see that one before? It probably won't work for me, but thanks for linking that one :thumbs-up: :cool: . I'm off to measure some things 😆:naughty: .

Back